Turns out the record is fucked too. It's not a crack, but there's a sort of crease that runs down the record and make a loud thump whenever the needle passes it. It's really hard to describe, and you can't see it very well, but it's there.

On top of it all, my neighbor tipped over my motorcycle while I was gone and put a nice dent in the side of the tank.

>: (

Man that sucks. Sending good vibes!

Greta Nirvana cover. The whole album is really good actually.

Funny story: He recorded the lyrics incorrectly.

"But he knows not what it means
Knows not what it means
And I say yeah"

But he recorded them as...

Knows not what it means
To Love someone"

Apparently no one caught it until it was already mastered. So they have to go to the Cobain estate and speak with their [Cobain Estate] lawyers. They approved it as long as Sturgill wrote a note stating why he changed the lyrics. He says that he knows the correct words, but just always heard it as "to love someone" and that's what comes out when he sings it.

Greta Nirvana cover. The whole album is really good actually.

Funny story: He recorded the lyrics incorrectly.

Knows not what it means

And I say yeah"

But he recorded them as...

Knows not what it means

To Love someone"

Apparently no one caught it until it was already mastered. So they have to go to the Cobain estate and speak with their [Cobain Estate] lawyers. They approved it as long as Sturgill wrote a note stating why he changed the lyrics. He says that he knows the correct words, but just always heard it as "to love someone" and that's what comes out when he sings it.

I heard the cover weeks ago and dug it. But did end up canceling my preorder. Kinda wished I didnt. Love his previous record

Yesterday we spent all day doing a shit load of work around the apartment. Had to rent a 20ft ladder to install curtains and then hang our hammack deck chairs on the porch. We did a bunch of other shit too.

Then we walked a block down the street to see Lewis Black. We wouldn't have gone but my mom bought us (shitty) tickets for Christmas. We got really high and were running late. Literally almost bumped into Lewis Black as he was getting off his bus.

Yesterday we spent all day doing a shit load of work around the apartment. Had to rent a 20ft ladder to install curtains and then hang our hammack deck chairs on the porch. We did a bunch of other shit too.

Then we walked a block down the street to see Lewis Black. We wouldn't have gone but my mom bought us (shitty) tickets for Christmas. We got really high and were running late. Literally almost bumped into Lewis Black as he was getting off his bus.

That is really awesome. I love channeling my anger through Lewis Black albums lol

Sorry for the cracked record, and sorry Jason I saw the Jay today I just didn't have $40 left :( I fronted one of my buddies for the outkast 10" and got the 3 things I was after (Sublime. Mewithoutyou "Ten Stories" reissue and the Runaways 7"). If anyone spots the Self Defense Family 12" (has a deer on the cover with a night background) please shoot me a pm. It was the one thing I couldn't get

Sorry for the cracked record, and sorry Jason I saw the Jay today I just didn't have $40 left :( I fronted one of my buddies for the outkast 10" and got the 3 things I was after (Sublime. Mewithoutyou "Ten Stories" reissue and the Runaways 7"). If anyone spots the Self Defense Family 12" (has a deer on the cover with a night background) please shoot me a pm. It was the one thing I couldn't get

I will see if my local guy has Self Defense Family tomorrow when I go to look through what's left, and no worries on the Jay. Jared was cool enough to pick it up for me. I had a feeling it would be at some high price point being there were only 1000 hand numbered copies made. The one copy my local had sold for just under $36, so $40 won't be much of a stretch considering eBay fuckers are already flipping it for $60 up to like $90. 

I will see if my local guy has Self Defense Family tomorrow when I go to look through what's left, and no worries on the Jay. Jared was cool enough to pick it up for me. I had a feeling it would be at some high price point being there were only 1000 hand numbered copies made. The one copy my local had sold for just under $36, so $40 won't be much of a stretch considering eBay fuckers are already flipping it for $60 up to like $90. 

Good price, it was $38 plus tax at mine. Thanks Brother I appreciate it

https://www.sorrystaterecords.com/collections/entire-catalog-alphabetical/products/self-defense-family-the-power-does-not-work-record-store-day-2016

Holy shit T3, thanks for this Caspian record. My turntable is playing it without issue so far and I'm stoked as fuck.

I'm glad it plays fine. It looked like USPS ran it over before, and it had a weird upward warp in it. It's been sandwiched between a bunch of records for a few months, so maybe that helped flatten it out. Is there any warp left at all, or just small now? Enjoy!

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic