So the dude I work with was just asked to leave his radio off for the first hour of work (hotel, guests often complain about noise in the morning) and he's been flipping out over it since we got to work since it messes up his routine (part of aspbergers is being particular on havin routines and systems). Now his supervisor is in a super pissy mood as well and they're just bickering back and forth.

I refuse to baby him and beg that he can always get his way and he always accuses me of taking sides. Everything with him is how people treat him - he'll apologize and won't stop until they accept his apologies which tends to piss people off more with him. Today is going to be long and probably end in lots of phone calls and paperwork.

So the dude I work with was just asked to leave his radio off for the first hour of work (hotel, guests often complain about noise in the morning) and he's been flipping out over it since we got to work since it messes up his routine (part of aspbergers is being particular on havin routines and systems). Now his supervisor is in a super pissy mood as well and they're just bickering back and forth.

I refuse to baby him and beg that he can always get his way and he always accuses me of taking sides. Everything with him is how people treat him - he'll apologize and won't stop until they accept his apologies which tends to piss people off more with him. Today is going to be long and probably end in lots of phone calls and paperwork.

i know it probably sucks for you, but to be fair, if he's on the spectrum, he probably can't help it when he acts like that. then again, maybe he's just annoying. or a combination of both.

i know it probably sucks for you, but to be fair, if he's on the spectrum, he probably can't help it when he acts like that. then again, maybe he's just annoying. or a combination of both.

It's definitely a combination of the two. He's a smart man who can easily manipulate people to giving him what he wants. But the change being frustrating is the spectrum at full force.

in spectrum related news, i'm kind of excited about this, because i loved the book:

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/01/08/curious-incident-of-the-dog-in-the-night-time-coming-to-broadway-in-the-fall/?_php=true&_type=blogs&_r=0

(not that i see many broadway plays, haha)

I understand why he's frustrated but nothing will calm him down unless he just gets his way.

Sounds like most of the posters here when they don't get perfect vinyl all the time. :P

This is 100% Aspergers.  It's probably safe to say it's not a personality issue. =\  Its tough.

My ex-girlfriend kept claiming I had Aspergers, because I used to get very fussy when my routine was messed with.  I'm pretty sure I'm just set in my ways (based on the other signs of having it).

My ex-girlfriend kept claiming I had Aspergers, because I used to get very fussy when my routine was messed with.  I'm pretty sure I'm just set in my ways (based on the other signs of having it).

There are a slew of other signs aside from being set in a routine, so I don't think it's fair for your ex to have been trying to diagnose you based on you're preference of conforming to your routines.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic