the women i work with are all 45+ and AWFUL. always talking behind each other's backs and complaining about things and not doing work but talking about all the work they have to do so it SEEMS like they're sooooo busy. i flat out tell people i'm not here to make friends and am so sarcastic that people don't know how to take me, so they usually just avoid complaining/any sort of meaningful conversation with me. basically, i'm the april ludgate of my office.

1730_600.gif

I could never do something like that.

1.) because I have almost died in the ocean.

2.) once a piece of seaweed hits me, I'm down for the count.

I agree with reason 2 I hate anything that touches me in the ocean.  Plus I have a fear of open water, which isn't fun because I like to go on cruises.

the women i work with are all 45+ and AWFUL. always talking behind each other's backs and complaining about things and not doing work but talking about all the work they have to do so it SEEMS like they're sooooo busy. i flat out tell people i'm not here to make friends and am so sarcastic that people don't know how to take me, so they usually just avoid complaining/any sort of meaningful conversation with me. basically, i'm the april ludgate of my office.

i just always think people who talk shit at work all the time have no life outside of work. work is their life, and they’re not happy with it. When I leave work, I leave it all there. I don’t go home and complain, I don’t go home and think about any of it really.

my roommate is interning at a hospital here in town. it’s an awful place, I’m talking when a gunshot wound victim is brought into the emergency, there’s a strong chance the person who shot them will follow and try to finish the job. just in a horrible place in town.

she comes home crying often, she’s just doing manual labor for free, and everyone is pretty verbally abusive. to her and each other. just sounds like an awful experience, and probably somewhat illegal.

OH, and she’s working with the dieticians, so she’s assigned certain rooms to visit and discuss nutrition with patients, a few weeks ago, she walked into a room to asses a patient, only to realize he was dead and no one had taken care of him. she found out that happens pretty often, people die and they’re too busy to do anything about it for hours on end. fucking traumatizing.

just got called into my attorney's office.

'hey allison. i went back to working on what i was working on yesterday and when i tried to paste it again, nothing was there.'

'.....yes?'

'oh, when i turn my computer off, does that stuff go away and i have to start over?'

'.........'

brb, banging head on desk until unconscious.

Alison....sounds like we have similar bosses.

Seaweed is nothing. Last year I did a 1.5 mile training swim. So much seaweed. I got to shore and was chatting with another swimmer and he says "oh, those were jellyfish we're infested right now." Even though I was out of the water I nearly puked on the beach. I got my first good sting last year down the back of my neck - burned for three days. I hate all jellyfish.

Just signed up for my "birthday race". A ferry takes us a mile into the ocean and to start you need to dive off and swim to shore. Pretty stoked to say the least. Plus I hate to admit that I've never been to Cape May NJ so I can rectify that.

I went to Cape May last summer and I think might go again this year. The in-laws love it. 

Where do you start and end? I feel like the waves were pretty strong. 

If it's slimey, I want nothing to do with it.

Also the combination of slimey things touching me is a horrible combination.

I still can't believe I had a minor panic episode in the middle of hot topic because someone touched my wrist.

ok, i asked you if you were going to hug me when i was leaving your house because you assumed the 'i miiiiiight be hugging you soon!' position. i need to be prepared well in advance for the touching thing, too. ahahaha.

thanks for at least not being slimey, though.

ok, i asked you if you were going to hug me when i was leaving your house because you assumed the 'i miiiiiight be hugging you soon!' position. i need to be prepared well in advance for the touching thing, too. ahahaha.

thanks for at least not being slimey, though.

I was just throwin' my hands in the air. Dramatic hand gestures are my thing.

I took a shower just for you <3

My friend, I love her to death, who recently (9 months ago) got super into fitness and "clean eating" is trying to criticize my diet right now.  I understand that she's trying to help, but I don't have poor eating habits like she did.  (She was overweight all her life.)  I'm trying to explain all of my restrictions and my metabolism issues due to my thyroid and she's still grilling me on what I eat on a day to day business.  She's getting frustrated that I'm not saying I eat fried chicken and ice cream all day I guess.

I hate when people grill me on eating habits, especially because I know it's due to the fact that I'm not skinny.

Then when they realize that I actually eat a pretty healthy diet (except when donuts show up at my door...or a pizza), it's like "well...work out more or something."

BITCH PLEASE. Be concerned about your own body.

I hate when people grill me on eating habits, especially because I know it's due to the fact that I'm not skinny.

Then when they realize that I actually eat a pretty healthy diet (except when donuts show up at my door...or a pizza), it's like "well...work out more or something."

BITCH PLEASE. Be concerned about your own body.

Yes. THANK YOU.

My favorite is when they tell me to "find motivation" to work out when my TSH bloodwork is showing that my thyroid is working 4x slower than the average human.  Sure, yeah, okay.  Let me get that "motivation."

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic