When you did your veggie burgers did you do them in a skillet with oil? I find that it makes a big difference.

If you think your going to find one that is similar to a real burger, let me save you the trouble...

yes. but i not trying to find one similar in taste to meat. i just dont want one thats similar in taste to a sack of assholes.

Abovetheearth...

When in Lawrence, KS recently I went to The Burger Stand at Casbah. Um, holy shit! Possibly the best restaurant veggie burger I've had. They had four different homemade recipes to choose from, tons of sauces, good beers on tap, awesome fries and, and, and....wait for it....smoked tofu fries. 

What an awesome meal. 

I also say I don't want things to taste like meat but after 18 years as a vegetarian I can't say for sure that would be. Except Hot Dogs - I don't think I can ever forget the taste of those. It's more a texture thing for me. If it tastes good then I'm good with it but sometimes vegetarian food is just wrong in terms of texture. 

Abovetheearth...

When in Lawrence, KS recently I went to The Burger Stand at Casbah. Um, holy shit! Possibly the best restaurant veggie burger I've had. They had four different homemade recipes to choose from, tons of sauces, good beers on tap, awesome fries and, and, and....wait for it....smoked tofu fries. 

What an awesome meal. 

damn, i totally forgot about that place.

Just did my "quarterly" re-shelving of "recent listening" pile into the whole collection. Had to do that thing where one shelf gets full so you have to shuffle EVERYTHING back another shelf or 2. Blech. Glad it's done. It's nice to have everything organized for a bit.

I just called up to see how much an office visit is at this endocrinologist's office since they only take Medicare... fucking $340.  Follow-ups are $166.

WHY.

thats f'n BS. honestly. stupid f'n McHealthcare

i also shaved this morning. i dont know why i do. i hated looking clean cut

thats f'n BS. honestly. stupid f'n McHealthcare

i also shaved this morning. i dont know why i do. i hated looking clean cut

I'm so bummed out about this.  She is the only patient-recommended endo in the entire state of New Jersey.  My co-pay is ridiculous, plus I can't afford to take off work all the time for bloodwork and appointments as it is so I can't just window shop endo's until I find someone who can help me.

I guess so.  I only have the option of 4 endocrinologists in my area and I have no way of finding out whether they treat thyroid the way this Medicare-only Dr. does.  Ugh.

:[

how did you find out about this dummy medicare doctor? could you ask your primary care physician for recommendations? (or was this his/her recommendation?)

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic