The Format's Dog Problems to be repressed in 2013

Hey! 

First of all, we are so sorry for the delay on the Dog Problems vinyl. I promise we’ve been doing our best to keep everyone up to speed, but sometimes information is hard to come by.

So here’s the deal..

Early on in the Dog Problems project we had a couple issues with the die-cuts and dog bowl etching. Both caused a slight delay, but were resolved quick and things were looking good. Then last Thursday, the records showed up and I was totally blown away.. until I looked a little closer. Both the die-cut and etching were still bad. We spent so much time and effort making sure these turned out as cool as possible, I couldn’t stand the thought of sending out records with such major imperfections. We reached out to the manufacturers and they very quickly (and nicely) took action to figure out what happened. Long story short, the original (incorrect) plates and cuts were used, so because of this, they have taken full responsibility and offered to run new batch. This obviously makes us very happy. 

So what does this mean to you?

They are anticipating having the records done by the 31st, which means we could get them within a week or so later. I’m going to guess, based on previous shipments, we’ll probably be able to begin shipping no-later than Feb 10th, but as always, we won’t know for sure, until we know for sure. Updates will most definitely be passed along as we get them.

What else?

Nate and I have decided we want to throw in a extra little gift (Shipped with Dog Problems) to everyone who pre-ordered the record. This is still to be determined, but it will be our way of saying sorry. We want everyone to walk away from this happy and not have any hard feelings :)

More info in the coming weeks. THANK YOU THANK THANK YOU for being so ridiculously patient throughout all of this. 

Talk soon!

Sam

I don't get how anyone who likes the format can dislike fun.

Really? Some Nights-era fun. and The Format are hardly similar outside of voice, and even Nate has developed a more confident style of singing far from his I+L moping. It's easy to prefer one over the other. I love Some Nights and everything Nate has touched but Some Nights is not everyone's style. Which is fine, but it is lame when people trash SN just for being different ("mainstream"). That album is awesome.

I don't get how anyone who likes the format can dislike fun.

whoever produced Some Nights had to be high...I mean who would fuck with Nate's voice like that...

Dog Problems is to Pet Sounds as Some Nights is to Kokomo

Just my opinion...