The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

Update that may be relevant to some folks. I still haven't received my Maniac but did hear from Mondo, they had an issue fulfilling part of the order. They are still waiting on a pallet of records from the pressing plant, so they haven't all been shipped out and are still processing.

Sounds like a QC issue with part of the initial order.  

I might be listening to say Anton Maiovvi - Yellow and when my wife walks in i just get this weird look as if to say "wtf, dude?"!

Yeah, I mean she likes a lot of Itallo Disco so that one she KINDA gets, or Drive, but gets bored with it all after a while. It's when I plop on Carpenter or Frizzi or Goblin when her eyes start to roll. And my kid too, she just gets pissed "DADDY YOU'RE PLAYING BAD MUSIC!" Kids these days!

Only Howl's MC variants are shipping, and only if they weren't bundled with any of the other variants. The MoS prints Mondo had to ship are starting to arrive at people's homes. These were a time release so they are shipping something like 5k copies of that poster. Once those are done they will start working on the 4-6 posters they have sold since MoS and the Ghibli vinyl.

edit: I just checked, They sold 5,585 copies of the Man of Steel timed edition print.

Are you checking constantly? How do you know they keep popping up lol

My friend really wanted one also so i've been constantly checking (he doesn't collect and so he doesn't get how hard it is to get lots of release s now, let alone a mondo release) but i just got a mononoke for him so i don't have to check all the time now! hahah. saw there was still some available so i posted about it here!

My friend really wanted one also so i've been constantly checking (he doesn't collect and so he doesn't get how hard it is to get lots of release s now, let alone a mondo release) but i just got a mononoke for him so i don't have to check all the time now! hahah. saw there was still some available so i posted about it here!

Mondo vinyl is super easy to get. Just tell your friend to be near their website between 1030-11 am CST on release day and they will get a copy. 90% of the prints they release can be found below/at/near cost on the aftermarket even if you strike out on the drop.

Mondo has totally over saturated the print market and there's just simply not enough demand for the majority of the stuff they put out. Fortunately or unfortunately, depending on how you look at it.

Maniac pink vinyl? What release is this? From the original movie?

It's clear/red from the 2011 release of the original ost

What he said, I said pink because of this pic

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-imayges/707/maniac2.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/525/maniac6.jpg/

Looks more pink then red to me

Mondo vinyl is super easy to get. Just tell your friend to be near their website between 1030-11 am CST on release day and they will get a copy. 90% of the prints they release can be found below/at/near cost on the aftermarket even if you strike out on the drop.

Mondo has totally over saturated the print market and there's just simply not enough demand for the majority of the stuff they put out. Fortunately or unfortunately, depending on how you look at it.

Mondo records are easy to get if you don't mind black vinyl

And I agree they need to slow down witht the prints. But they sell out of everything they sell so they likely won't slow down

Mondo records are easy to get if you don't mind black vinyl

And I agree they need to slow down witht the prints. But they sell out of everything they sell so they likely won't slow down

I don't mind black vinyl. Im fine with whatever they give me though obviously Id prefer they send me a color variant every time, haha. Even the color variants are easy to get if you want to spend the cash on the aftermarket or buy 4 copies from Mondo.

Just dispelling this notion that Mondo's stuff is super hard to get, because 9 times out of 10, it isn't.

I don't mind black vinyl. Im fine with whatever they give me though obviously Id prefer they send me a color variant every time, haha. Even the color variants are easy to get if you want to spend the cash on the aftermarket or buy 4 copies from Mondo.

Just dispelling this notion that Mondo's stuff is super hard to get, because 9 times out of 10, it isn't.

Yeah, you can get a colored variant of any of the records (except 2011 Maniac which I hardly ever see on sale), if you're willing to pay that aftermarket price

the strategy of buying multiple unopened copies hoping to land a variant is scary, especially reading so many people saying who have done so and strike out.