The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

So what U are saying is that I should grab one of those few ebay copies of Howl's now, tho the price will be above 100USD?

If the pressing of Howl's really is limited 3-500 then I expect it would anyway be a good investment....

If you're looking for great investments, I have some records that I would sell you that are very very solid investments. Call your broker and make sure it's very good okay.

Guest realtalk

Pretty sure they purposely made this one the most limited to give something to the SDCC crowd. Doubt we ever see this retail as Ive heard a rumor that there are only 3-500 pressed.

None of this is accurate.

All 3 versions were pressed in the exact same amounts.

Why did one version sell out fast from Mondo? Because they had already been selling copies at SDCC.

I really sometimes wonder if people in threads here have an agenda due to a lack of stating the obvious and spreading 'limitedness' rumors.

Carry on with the fiction tho...

None of this is accurate.

All 3 versions were pressed in the exact same amounts.

Why did one version sell out fast from Mondo? Because they had already been selling copies at SDCC.

I really sometimes wonder if people in threads here have an agenda due to a lack of stating the obvious and spreading 'limitedness' rumors.

Carry on with the fiction tho...

Self'd

He has none. We do have proof that only 500 HMC were pressed.

I can't for the life of me remember which one it was, but I recall reading an interview with Justin where he said about 500 were pressed. I'm not sure if that helps much, but I don't care enough to go read through a bunch of interviews again to find it. Just wanted to chime in that I don't think the claim of 500 is totally baseless. 

Guest realtalk

Pretty sure they purposely made this one the most limited to give something to the SDCC crowd. Doubt we ever see this retail as Ive heard a rumor that there are only 3-500 pressed.

Totally baseless comments and he says I'm the one trolling? Fuckin' guy has no clue.

http://www.slashfilm.com/film-interview-mondos-justin-ishmael-talks-comic-con-releases-teases-future-events-studio-ghibli-and-back-to-the-future/

I mean we’re not getting the full run in. I think we are going a run of five hundred for Comic-Con, but we’re only going to get 300 of them in, so there will be some online.

Some more info in this interview, but no numbers thrown around (9:00 mark for Ghibli vinyl stuff):
http://collider.com/mondo-justin-ishmael-comic-con-studio-ghibli-interview/

And here's is another source saying Howl's is a run of 500.

http://cinapse.co/2013/09/06/mondo-sold-out-vinyl-poster-giveaway/

300 were sold at Comic-con, that's a fact. So either 700 or 200 hundred were left for the online drop. With what Justin said (run of 500 for the Comic-Con, which is Howl's), we can understand why Howl's sold out so fast an never came back in stock.  Considering how fast it sold out and how much longer the other two stayed up (+ what Justin said), it's think it's pretty obvious Howl's is a run of 500, while Mononoke and SA are a run of 1000 each.

Discuss

There's no way Sprited and Mononoke are from runs of only 500. They were in-stock for far too long. Plus they keep popping back up in stock on the site.

Also, wasn't there mention somewhere of Mononoke being the retail version? I imagine they'd be pressing more than 500 of that variant based on that alone...

Lol 500 copies... Come on! Mondo hasn't pressed 500 copies of a record since 2011.

500 copies of the rare variant, maybe, I. E. Howl's. But, PM and SA had way more. They obviously had to pay a ton for the licensing and went all out. 4 prints, 4 shirts, 3 versions of the same exact music on 6 different colors of vinyl - and they used Stouts art. They raised the price higher than ever before and had to sell a ton.

There's no way Sprited and Mononoke are from runs of only 500. They were in-stock for far too long. Plus they keep popping back up in stock on the site.

Also, wasn't there mention somewhere of Mononoke being the retail version? I imagine they'd be pressing more than 500 of that variant based on that alone...

Wouldn't be surprised if it was 2000+ for SA and PM