The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

So here's something I've never seen before.  I hadn't received by 2 Ghibli Mondo LPs I ordered, went into the website and pulled up the tracking information.  Here is what I see, verbatim from USPS.com:  

• Your item could not be delivered or returned to sender. Because the item was perishable, it has been disposed of by the Post Office.

I am not sure why the Post Office either:

a.  Couldn't return the vinyl back to Mondo

b.  Couldn't have figured out, since I moved less than 5 miles away and have had other packages forwarded, why they couldn't forward the packages to me.

Luckily, since I had moved around Labor Day, I had gone into the Mondo website and updated my shipping info and had also followed up with an e-mail on September 3rd as well.  When I called customer service, they had no problem saying they'd ship me out replacement LPs immediately.

I think it sucks that the Post Office would just throw away a package, not even recognizing the contents inside.  I wonder if it is due to those new mailers that Mondo, TMR and others are using?  Just odd to throw a package away.

i had no idea records were perishable. I've got to check the expiration dates on mine - thanks USPS

Polyvinyl records are all perishable...since they come with the airheads

Pfft airheads, perishable?

After a while they just get hard as a rock but they're still edible.

Side story, I once threw an airhead tomahawk-style at(to) a friend and it got embedded about a half an inch deep in his forehead. Ha. It was awesome.

@rook---your post made me look up what the USPS considers "perishable"  here it is from their website:

Perishable matter is anything that can deteriorate in the mail and thereby lose value, create a health hazard, or cause an obnoxious odor, nuisance, or disturbance, under ordinary mailing conditions. Mailable perishable matter may be sent at the mailer’s own risk when it is packaged as required and when it can be delivered within appropriate and reasonable time limits to prevent deterioration  Examples of perishable matter include mailable types of live animals, food items, and plants.

I guess vinyl could lose value, but I doubt that the vinyl and/or mailer would deteriorate.  I guess the Post Office here is just really lazy.

@rook---your post made me look up what the USPS considers "perishable"  here it is from their website:

stuff

I guess vinyl could lose value, but I doubt that the vinyl and/or mailer would deteriorate.  I guess the Post Office here is just really lazy.

Yep, pure laziness.

Or one of the workers is a Mondo fan and decided to nab a couple vinyl free of charge.

Glad you're getting replacements though.

Is this the first time an LP has still been in stock while shipping?

Not sure how long OG Maniac and Beyond lasted as Mondo vinyl wasn't nearly as popular back then as it is now, so I can't confirm or deny your statement. Though I do know that starting with Deadly Spawn, Timecrimes has been in stock longer than any other Mondo release. Raid was 2 weeks I believe?

EDIT: I kind of remember Beyond only being in stock for a few days, so really the only one Im not sure of is their first Maniac release.

I thought Raid was around much longer than 2 weeks?

I bought my copy of Raid when Maniac 2013 came out and had them shipped together.

If that's correct, then JeffersonHowell has his original answer. I thought it was 2 weeks but I admittedly am not paying too too close attention to these types of things. I thought I remembered that Raid had a stagger too at some point, which could account for why you might have been able to nab both at the same time?

Tales From The Crypt 7″

Side A) Tales From The Crypt theme song by Danny Elfman

Side B) The Crypt Jam

Version A:

Edition of 500

Artwork by ‘Ghoulish’ Gary Pullin, featuring Die-Cut jacket & Black vinyl.

Version B:

Edition of 250

Artwork by Randy Ortiz, featuring Blood Red vinyl w/ Black haze

Version C:

Edition of 250

Artwork by ‘Ghoulish’ Gary Pullin, featuring Slime Green vinyl.