The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

OH! So they were the first releases, they just werent on the page anymore... I get it. Sorry about the heart attack guys. :)

I watched Here Comes The Devil, it was alright... I remember thinking it was cool up until the last few minutes, then after it ended I felt it could have been better. I'd say its maybe a 5 on a scale of 1-10. Lots of sex scenes. There are like 4 in the first 15 minutes. Not sure if I'm gonna go or the soundtrack. Only if its a cool color. Just for the sake of collecting Mondo vinyl.

OH! So they were the first releases, they just werent on the page anymore... I get it. Sorry about the heart attack guys. :)

I watched Here Comes The Devil, it was alright... I remember thinking it was cool up until the last few minutes, then after it ended I felt it could have been better. I'd say its maybe a 5 on a scale of 1-10. Lots of sex scenes. There are like 4 in the first 15 minutes. Not sure if I'm gonna go or the soundtrack. Only if its a cool color. Just for the sake of collecting Mondo vinyl.

hahaha it's cool. I always silently would have liked if they had them all listed. Maniac was 2011 and Beyond was 2012 and both were much smaller releases as they were kind of just testing the vinyl waters.

But, considering how hard to find the Maniac release is, especially in clear/red, I almost jumped haha.

That would be cool if they did what Zavvi (Site where I get Steelbooks) does. They put up a listing for the item with question marks in the name and a ? image, just to let you know theres something lined up for release in the next few weeks. Mondo could do that for all the ones that are waiting to be released out of order. Just add some blank listings in order on the vinyl page.

That would be cool if they did what Zavvi (Site where I get Steelbooks) does. They put up a listing for the item with question marks in the name and a ? image, just to let you know theres something lined up for release in the next few weeks. Mondo could do that for all the ones that are waiting to be released out of order. Just add some blank listings in order on the vinyl page.

Well, we sort of know that there are a few past ones still missing.

There hasn't been a MOND-006, 7, 12, or 15 yet.  So, we know there are 4 for sure still to come.

Been so long almost forgot about this thread.  Spent way too much money on prints lately, probably gonna pass on Here Comes The Devil.  Haven't seen the movie yet nor heard the score, though it did look promising.

Any luck with scoring a Horkey TT? :)

Been a while since we heard anything from Mondo regarding vinyl releases. I wonder if this was a conscious decision to slow things down or if there's external issues affecting their output. Seems like they were announcing/releasing a new title every other week last year.

Any luck with scoring a Horkey TT? :)

Been a while since we heard anything from Mondo regarding vinyl releases. I wonder if this was a conscious decision to slow things down or if there's external issues affecting their output. Seems like they were announcing/releasing a new title every other week last year.

Yeah, got lucky and nabbed a reg. 

I have no idea why these past couple months have seemed to slow down a bit. Who knows? Maybe it was just a temporary halt or something. I bet they've got a full plate with the Oscar releases coming up. 

Mondo is still cranking out mediocre posters non stop though

I actually thought this weeks drop was pretty decent. Not a fan of the movie but I thought Taylor's Wild Things print was great, and the Brick print was killer. I see your point though. If they have the time to release prints pretty regularly, where the vinylz!??

Mondo is still cranking out mediocre posters non stop though

TBH, I don't think vinyl will ever be their top priority and nor should it (IMO).  There are much better companies out there that focus strictly on releasing music.  It's nice to see them involved at some level though since they can connect their artists/artwork with the soundtracks.  They probably just look at it as an added revenue stream and they definitely have had some bumps in the road figuring out the vinyl business, along the way.