The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

Speaking of other Mondo stuff, apparently they were selling a Last of Us poster at SDCC that was supposedly going to be the cover for the soundtrack LP cover. Instead, for reasons not explained, they decided to stick with a poster. Assuming that it was Sony that said no to the LP release or Mondo had no time, I say it's a blown opportunity as I personally loved that soundtrack and it just sounds so superb live as it can be seen here. Here's to hoping that perhaps the two companies can return to the table and let this thing still happen.

BtZx82vIIAAUMvG.jpg

Holy crap, a TLoU LP would have been amazing.

I'm in mourning now. Goddamn.

If we're lucky, maybe we'll get a vinyl release for the movie assuming they keep Gustavo. I seriously cannot see anyone else doing the score for the film unless Neil feels that the movie needs to be totally different but I totally doubt that. Anyone wanna bug Justin or any Mondo peeps about why this fell through?

Well mondo just retweeted this..

How awesome would it be if @MondoNews did a vinyl release of the Last of Us score with that fantastic Shaw/Moss art?

Yeah I saw that too. Would be nice to see this sooner than later if it did happen. Perhaps after the Looper release would be an ideal time to release that?

I need that poster

I would get that one too but of course Mondo made that poster an SDCC exclusive. Unless they were fucking with us and are going to put some of these up online, it's going to a difficult task with the ebay flippers having a hold on them. Plus they never mentioned the amount of any of the SDCC exclusive posters.

EDIT: Be prepared to cry. http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=mondo&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR11.TRC1.A0.H0.Xmondo+last+of+us&_nkw=mondo+last+of+us&_sacat=0

I would get that one too but of course Mondo made that poster an SDCC exclusive. Unless they were fucking with us and are going to put some of these up online, it's going to a difficult task with the ebay flippers having a hold on them. Plus they never mentioned the amount of any of the SDCC exclusive posters.

EDIT: Be prepared to cry. http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=mondo&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR11.TRC1.A0.H0.Xmondo+last+of+us&_nkw=mondo+last+of+us&_sacat=0

I already knew without looking haha. Hopefully they do another sooner or later.

Did Gravity go out to stores? I thought I saw someone say their store was getting one.

That was me! I keep checking but they haven't got it yet. I don't know how many they are getting or if I'll even get my hands on it but they always order mondo stuff.

I'll update if it ever happens. Hopefully I can get at least one extra and help someone out. Aaaaand hopefully they don't flip the price!!!

Cool beans. I wonder if your store ordered from the site and will resell or other stores were just able to order bulk. I know Amoeba gets almost every Mondo release that goes out to stores. Damn records.

I'm not really sure. They had quite a bit of paranorman and coraline at one point. I've seen oblivion, Halloween. No Jurassic park though. They order from death waltz and spacelab9. The only problem is they won't ship stuff to customers. But I'm more than happy to help a few people out and mail it myself. I know that with breaking bad they priced it as $35 but at Hastings it was $25 so I think there is a markup?

I also have another store than gets very random stuff so it's hit or miss. I found poltergeist, drive there at one point. He said he's getting gravity too and I gave him my number. There is a big chance he might mark up too since drive was $60.

Long rambled response. Sorry. Lol.

Now that Mondo is doing some video game prints or maybe even LPs, I pray to the old gods and the new they do some Bioshock stuff. I might die. 

Even though the Bioshock 1 score is on LP, I could totally see Mondo doing future installments. The art design on the games totally lends itself to the artists at Mondo.