The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

I'd do unspeakable things to get a Mondo pressing of "The Guest" soundtrack. It's easily my favorite movie soundtrack of the year.

I know Steve Moore has mentioned that this and the other recent movie he scored (Cub) will get released eventually. Wouldn't be surprised if it winds up on Death Waltz, seems like a good fit and they released his Horror Business soundtrack for RSD a few years back.

Just been slapped with a customs charge on my  SOTD vinyl to the UK.  Really gutted, as if its not expensive enough already with the shipping charge, I now have an additional £11 ($17) to pay.  Have to go pick it up tomorrow but will be emailing mondo in the morning.   Not happy bout this, to be fair they've always been good in the past with the customs forms so I have no idea whats happened this time.  Has this happened to anyone else?

Well the problem comes unintentionally from Mondo actually trying to help out, at least in my experience. They put only $5 value on the customs slip, and here most packages with very small values get opened because customs workers know that such a small value is very unlikely. Once they open it up, they'll see the original value on the invoice that Mondo puts in, and since $25 is over the 15 GBP limit in UK, you're looking at tax + "handling" fees.

Our limit is slightly higher (22 EUR), but still, importing anything into EU sucks, especially taking into account the extremely high shipping costs as well.

Well the problem comes unintentionally from Mondo actually trying to help out, at least in my experience. They put only $5 value on the customs slip, and here most packages with very small values get opened because customs workers know that such a small value is very unlikely. Once they open it up, they'll see the original value on the invoice that Mondo puts in, and since $25 is over the 15 GBP limit in UK, you're looking at tax + "handling" fees.

Our limit is slightly higher (22 EUR), but still, importing anything into EU sucks, especially taking into account the extremely high shipping costs as well.

I've never experienced an issue before with them marking their items at a low value. However, it now seems likely that international customers will be charged import VAT on any Mondo orders that exceed the value of whatever their country's import threshold is - several recent posts here suggest that Mondo appear to now be declaring the full sales value of their items on the customs slips.

Is Mondo customer service usually pretty quick to rep,y and helpful? Just received my copy of the Omen OST today, it looks like a Raptor took its claw to the cardboard. The gatefold is creased and dented in several places, I just emailed them to see if I can get a replacement...

Yikes, sounds like a Jurassic Park record got a hold of it.

Is Mondo customer service usually pretty quick to rep,y and helpful? Just received my copy of the Omen OST today, it looks like a Raptor took its claw to the cardboard. The gatefold is creased and dented in several places, I just emailed them to see if I can get a replacement...

In my experience Mondo customer service has been excellent. Theyll probably get back to you within a day. But they're working overtime still making sure all the orders under the old system are managed correctly so maybe a little longer?

Got my copy of Pet Sematary today too! Also scored the variant!

But yeah, mines creased kind of along the spine and goes around the back towards the bottoms and top. It's also has a spot where it looks like it was bent towards the top right too. It's weird because the INSIDE of the gatefol doesn't have a crease in it. It was almost like it was bent before being put together.

No seam splits here for me either though! Always a nice surprise!

Got my copy of Pet Sematary today too! Also scored the variant!

But yeah, mines creased kind of along the spine and goes around the back towards the bottoms and top. It's also has a spot where it looks like it was bent towards the top right too. It's weird because the INSIDE of the gatefol doesn't have a crease in it. It was almost like it was bent before being put together.

No seam splits here for me either though! Always a nice surprise!

Congrats!

I've never experienced an issue before with them marking their items at a low value. However, it now seems likely that international customers will be charged import VAT on any Mondo orders that exceed the value of whatever their country's import threshold is - several recent posts here suggest that Mondo appear to now be declaring the full sales value of their items on the customs slips.

Yeah, same thing sadly happened with me. Most places will mark down, but I got hit hard on this one. Would make me think about ordering from Mondo again, $70 for an LP just isn't worth it  :(

Yeah, same thing sadly happened with me. Most places will mark down, but I got hit hard on this one. Would make me think about ordering from Mondo again, $70 for an LP just isn't worth it  :(

I've never once been hit by customs ordering from Mondo. But if they've stopped marking down, I don't think I can keep ordering from them.

I'll see whether my Grav record comes in without any extra charges. Fingers crossed.