The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

My brother and I ordered 2 each of the standard Shaun of the Dead LP's and we both received a black and a variant. Out of the total of 3 packages (Version B, Version A x2) we unfortunately didn't get a ZED oh well. Still very happy about the Ale variant. 

I think the idea and reality of Version B having a scent is hilarious. 

I kind of wished I would have ordered 2 more Jurassic Park Version A's at the time, so maybe I could have gotten a variant. 

Speaking of The Beyond, I remember reading somewhere back in the Summer that Death Waltz would be releasing The Beyond on vinyl, presumably overseas.  However, nothing has been mentioned of this since and, considering they've now teamed up with Mondo, I wonder if it is still even going to happen.

Mine has been handed to my locally incompetent Canada Post, they do not update the tracking at all so it's like my birthday when stuff arrives because I never know when to expect it, bonus points if they don't destroy it.  

You never know when to expect your birthday?

I just got around to spinning Looper and the first thing I noticed was that when I drop the needle on the first track it seems to fall into a locked groove and just keeps looping the first few seconds until I lift the needle and nudge it in a touch. Has anybody else run into this?

$15 7". This is absurd.

La Cinquette 7-Inch Single. Music by Eugenio Mira. Packaging design by Alan Hynes. One time pressing of 500 copies. Pressed on Black Vinyl. 

Tomorrow we'll be releasing a 7-Inch single from the film Grand Piano featuring 'La Cinquette,' known as The Unplayable Piece.

For those that haven't seen the film – and we highly encourage that you do - Grand Piano was a hit at last year's Fantastic Fest, and quickly became one of our favorite indie films of this year. It’s a Hitchcock-ian thriller starring Elijah Wood, John Cussack and Alex Winter, directed by the immensely talented Eugenio Mira, who also composed the music contained on the single. 

The disc is housed in a beautiful custom Piano shaped jacket designed by Alan Hynes, as a formal invitation to the recital from the film, embossed with gold foil on the front, interior and back.

I just got around to spinning Looper and the first thing I noticed was that when I drop the needle on the first track it seems to fall into a locked groove and just keeps looping the first few seconds until I lift the needle and nudge it in a touch. Has anybody else run into this?

Well...it is called "Looper"...

...sorry :)

I don't remember having any issue when I sampled it.

Still boggles the mind that they can get away with $7 media mail shipping. I just shipped a record for $3.88. While taking risks on lesser-known Mondo releases worked for me with the Visitor since it was a full release, I won't with a $22 7'' record for a score that I literally know nothing about.

Listened to mine last night and had the same problem....boo!

Listened to mine last night and had the same problem....boo!

Mine too (I actually had a slight warp as well).  I contacted Mondo and they sent me a replacement (that had no problems) within a week.  I did have to increase the weight on it though, it did tend to skip even when not warped.