The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

I think it's kind of nice.  It would be even nicer if they all released at the same time like they had planned.

Get an /200 and you're stoked, get an /800 and it's awesome.  More like a 1/2 or 1/3 shot which I think is better than past releases. And it should make the after market a lot softer as long as you aren't "most limited var" obsessed.

I like it.

What happens to the /800 "Striped" variants with sound issues? Are they recycled back into the mix and made into new records? Are they made into popcorn bowls?

I have so many questions.  

They were probably just destroyed. I dont think you can melt them down, especially not with the black in there.

i wanna see. mine will be here tomorrow. I hope I got that variant. :)

Super rare /1 variant? haha anyone else's look this way?

08B6C34B-F3E2-4EEB-9993-5DCCC3DF0AFD_zps

I dunno if it's been posted but Blue Sunshine is the missing MOND-012. Here Comes the Devil is MOND-020 though, so there's 4 skipped (not counting 6 and 7).

^ That crazy!  I do wonder if anyone else gets a copy that looks like that because obviously it's a variant since it's not black.

There appear to be a wide variety in these variants. You can see the black on the edges there, but I know someone who got one with burgandy in the middle. Seems a lot like the red variant on One Way Static's Last House on the Left where that color ranged from light pink (where the white left off) and dark red.

It is 100% more fun when Mondo gets the composer or director or both to write these cool explanations. I was happy when both recent releases had them. I think the only others were Deadly Spawn, Oblivion, and Timecrimes. (I don't have the first Maniac or Beyond so I dunno if it was there)

Agreed. I really like reading those. I got mine in yesterday. Variant Blue Sunshine and black Here comes the Devil. They look (and sound) pretty nice.

Yes. Awesome packaging. I love how sturdy mondos jackets feel. I like the orbit a lot. I have nothing to compare it to since the table I was using before was a friends Crosley. I think it sounds great. I'm totally satisfied with that purchase. I still want the marantz but that's just a goal to have.