The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

Could any of you order one of this for me as well and send it to Germany? Would be more than grateful!

Further, I'd love to get my hands on the OBLIVION OST if anybody has one left! Thanks!

black copies are available through amazon, but I think the fact that you asked about this probably means you want the clear copy.

Fair point. I haven't even heard of this movie. I'll see it before next week if I can find it somewhere, but I kind of trust Mono to not do wrong by me by this point. Haven't been disappointed with a release yet.

I treat every Mondo vinyl release as if it was a high-demand poster release.  I get on there and order immediately, regardless if I think it's gonna sellout later than sooner.  That way, I'm not disappointed when it does happen to sellout.

Of course, that's all dependent on whether I actually want the soundtrack or not, which lately I've wanted them all.

I just got word from Mondo's distributor that everyone who ordered the Drive LPs and some of the Oblivion LPs had their orders cut because of the demand.  Even they can't keep them around long.  All of my copies of Drive are already accounted for but I have 5 copies left of Oblivion.  Dunno if you'll come across it any cheaper elsewhere... http://eclipsicalrecords.storenvy.com/

I just got word from Mondo's distributor that everyone who ordered the Drive LPs and some of the Oblivion LPs had their orders cut because of the demand.  Even they can't keep them around long.  All of my copies of Drive are already accounted for but I have 5 copies left of Oblivion.  Dunno if you'll come across it any cheaper elsewhere... http://eclipsicalrecords.storenvy.com/

Not shocking since they only had around 1500 copies of Drive to distribute to begin with.  I'm sure a ton of record stores were ordering it too.

Anyone picking up Raid today? Seems to be the least hyped of releases so far, curious to see how long it lasts.

I think my least favorite art to date. 

I'm getting one for another VCer and still haven't decided if I want one for myself.  I guess if they decided to limit this to 1 per person, it would make my decision a lot easier, haha!

Oh, they won't. They would sell a lot slower if they didn't allow people to buy 5 to sell on eBay.

I know.  I was definitely gonna get one up until yesterday before I ended up dropping $200 on TWBB.  Now I kind of feel like I shouldn't be buying anything for a while.  I'll probably just help out the other VCer and that's it.  I'll probably snag one down the road though.

anyone know what this means?

"There is no limit on the amount of records you may purchase, but the maximum amount of records per order is limited to two."

Lol...I'm assuming that probably means you can only buy two per transaction.

Guess it will slow down some people from putting 10 in their cart all at once.

Lol...I'm assuming that probably means you can only buy two per transaction.

Guess it will slow down some people from putting 10 in their cart all at once.

What's the point?  If Drive took 25 minutes to sellout, there's plenty of time for people to load up via different transactions...

Stupid.

Mondo has gotten lazy lately, seems like everything of theirs for the past couple weeks has dropped real close to 11am. I liked it better when they were varying it up a bit throughout the entire hour. Let's see if this holds true again today...

I noticed this as well. All their recent drops have been within 15 mins of 12:00 EST. I'd love to see them release stuff super late/early again. Seems to make it a LITTLE more fair...

I noticed this as well. All their recent drops have been within 15 mins of 12:00 EST. I'd love to see them release stuff super late/early again. Seems to make it a LITTLE more fair...

I thought for sure they would put out TWBB at a non-normal time due to the fact that they had to know demand was super high.  Every single PTA release that week was near 11am.  That was a fail on their part, IMO.

P&T did it RIGHT yesterday by giving absolutely no warning at all.  Completely 100% random drop time.  I know it benefited A LOT of people who weren't in it to flip.

I checked TWBB eBay listings a couple days ago and there were 17 of them up for sale.  After yesterday's 2nd drop, you'll see that the number of TWBB eBay listings (12 currently) has in fact gotten smaller.  If that's not a sign that these didn't get into too many flipper's hands, I don't know what is? WIN

I thought for sure they would put out TWBB at a non-normal time due to the fact that they had to know demand was super high. Every single PTA release that week was near 11am. That was a fail on their part, IMO.

P&T did it RIGHT yesterday by giving absolutely no warning at all. Completely 100% random drop time. I know it benefited A LOT of people who weren't in it to flip.

I checked TWBB eBay listings a couple days ago and there were 17 of them up for sale. After yesterday's 2nd drop, you'll see that the number of TWBB eBay listings (12 currently) has in fact gotten smaller. If that's not a sign that these didn't get into too many flipper's hands, I don't know what is? WIN

I emailed Mitch from P&T telling him the same thing. I fully believe the completely random drop was the sole reason I was able to score a TWBB yesterday. That being said, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Mondo did nothing to discourage the flipping of their vinyl/prints. The aftermarket prices on their stuff only adds to the hype.

I emailed Mitch from P&T telling him the same thing. I fully believe the completely random drop was the sole reason I was able to score a TWBB yesterday. That being said, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Mondo did nothing to discourage the flipping of their vinyl/prints. The aftermarket prices on their stuff only adds to the hype.

Mondo gives 2 shits about their prints flipping afterwards.  All they care about is the hype and that they sellout of their allotment.  Then again, why should they care as long as their business formula is making them a ton of dough?