The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

Alright I guess I take back my "ehhh" comment, because the soundtrack actually sounds pretty cool.  I just wish I was interested in seeing the film a little more.  I don't know why, but I find it very difficult to take Tom Cruise serious nowadays.

I have the same feelings about Tom Cruise.  FTG.  While the soundtrack sounds OK, I am pretty underwhelmed.  "ehhhh" it is.

Besides the M83 connection, that other soundtrack doesn't really fit Mondo's M.O. to me. Any sources elsewhere confirm that it will actually be them doing it?

You have a hyped contemporary musician making his movie score debut in a sci-fi film from the dude who directed the latest Tron. 

I feel like this is in the wheelhouse. Not to say they WILL press this, but I could see it. 

Hard to get anymore confirmation than this, besides am announcement from Mondo.

Justin's last tweet confirms Oblivion soundtrack coming soon. Cool.

Saw this post by SPIN on Facebook (seems as though there may be a poster as well):

M83's full, pulse-pounding 'Oblivion' soundtrack is streaming now — stay tuned, on April 9 we'll announce details for a chance to win the limited edition mondo vinyl and a movie poster signed by M83!

has anyone who didn't get shipping confirmation received theirs yet? my order is still just marked as "new".

same. I just want to listen to this already!!

BTW watched the trailer for "Only God Forgives" and could not be more excited, really hope Mondo does the soundtrack for that as well!

I honestly wonder if they gives two shits.

The only time that works out is when the Soundtrack itself is in high demand. So if you've got a Drive, you're set. If you've got a Deadly Spawn or even a Poltergeist, you're selling at or below cost. To me, it seems a little risky for the buyer.