The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

I emailed Mitch from P&T telling him the same thing. I fully believe the completely random drop was the sole reason I was able to score a TWBB yesterday. That being said, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Mondo did nothing to discourage the flipping of their vinyl/prints. The aftermarket prices on their stuff only adds to the hype.

I was in a parking garage paying a parking attendant when the twitter notification hit my phone.  I was able to score one even through all of that.  There is absolutely no way in hell im getting through that checkout process on my phone if Mitch had even given a heads up as to what day you can expect these to drop on his site.  It's still pretty surreal to me.

I was in a parking garage paying a parking attendant when the twitter notification hit my phone. I was able to score one even through all of that. There is absolutely no way in hell im getting through that checkout process on my phone if Mitch had even given a heads up as to what day you can expect these to drop on his site. It's still pretty surreal to me.

Nice! I was on the freeway when I got the twitter alert. Thank god my fiancée was with me and finished the checkout process or I would've been screwed.

Nice! I was on the freeway when I got the twitter alert. Thank god my fiancée was with me and finished the checkout process or I would've been screwed.

I landed the Ken Taylor - Harbinger Mondo drop on my phone while driving alone on the freeway.  One of my greater (as well as really really stupid) accomplishments of my life.

Excuse my ignorance, but who is P&T? I'm new to the poster game.

Here's the link.  It's run by a guy named Mitch Putnam who also happens to work with Mondo.  He usually gets a lot of artist copies, artist prints, non-movie related art prints, gig posters, etc... Very easy guy to do business with.  

http://www.postersandtoys.net/servlet/StoreFront

I was in a parking garage paying a parking attendant when the twitter notification hit my phone. I was able to score one even through all of that. There is absolutely no way in hell im getting through that checkout process on my phone if Mitch had even given a heads up as to what day you can expect these to drop on his site. It's still pretty surreal to me.

Careful man, don't get in trouble on here as well for the story. ;)

Eh, those people were being idiots yesterday. Everyone needs to play the moral police when theyre on a message board for some reason. I was just having fun with them after a bit. Whats your EB username?

It is knifeparty there too. I have only lurked the Mondo and sales threads but have made two purchases there. I dig that site but I like the community here way better.

It is knifeparty there too. I have only lurked the Mondo and sales threads but have made two purchases there. I dig that site but I like the community here way better.

I think its kind of like many high-traffic message boards. Youve just gotta find the people worth talking to and the threads worth being involved in. I enjoy the people on VC who typically frequent the few threads Im involved with here as well.

I do though think that print collecting is a WAY more selfish hobby than vinyl collecting so as a result I think that brings out a negative aspect in some people over on EB.

not to trying to derail the thread too bad but since it does involve mondo....
theres a pretty good doc streaming on Netflix about screen printing/collecting, it mostly talks about gig prints but gets into mondo a bit
even talks about how ridiculous the flippers are with the prints
deff worth a watch if anybody is interested, its called "just like being there"

• 2 weeks later...

New information for Mondo's next release. Looks like there is a link to pre-order Maniac via Amazon for $30.60. Release date looks like July 23rd. 

Mondo has announced their next vinyl pressing, as they’ll be releasing the soundtrack for Maniac, the upcoming horror remake starring Elijah Wood. As with most of their releases, the majority of the copies will be on black vinyl, while randomly inserted colored copies (white this time) will be in orders across all retailers. Jeff Proctor has contributed cover art, while some old-school layout work from Rob Jones will be on the back. You can see both images below, courtesy of Ain't It Cool News. 

We’ll let you know additional details as soon as they’re announced. You can also stream the soundtrack via Spotify, as it’s below the images. And finally, Mondo will handle the release in the U.S., but Death Waltz will handle it in the UK and Europe.

Update 6/5/13: The pressing is now up for pre-order at Amazon. You still have a shot to get the colored vinyl when ordering Mondo products through Amazon. These retail copies are set to be released on July 23rd.

Mondo - Maniac OST up for pre-order on amazon.  Not sure if they're doing the whole "random variant thing" in all their copies like Drive but if you really don't care, you can save about $1.50 with the free shipping by going this route.  Now if your amazon order actually gets filled or not?  That's an entirely different discussion altogether...  Looks like the street date for this is 7/23.  I assume the online pre-order via Mondo's site will be coming up soon.

http://www.amazon.com/Maniac-Various-Artists/dp/B00D78DWRA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1370443928&sr=8-1&keywords=maniac+mondo

New information for Mondo's next release. Looks like there is a link to pre-order Maniac via Amazon for $30.60. Release date looks like July 23rd. 

Mondo has announced their next vinyl pressing, as they’ll be releasing the soundtrack for Maniac, the upcoming horror remake starring Elijah Wood. As with most of their releases, the majority of the copies will be on black vinyl, while randomly inserted colored copies (white this time) will be in orders across all retailers. Jeff Proctor has contributed cover art, while some old-school layout work from Rob Jones will be on the back. You can see both images below, courtesy of Ain't It Cool News. 

We’ll let you know additional details as soon as they’re announced. You can also stream the soundtrack via Spotify, as it’s below the images. And finally, Mondo will handle the release in the U.S., but Death Waltz will handle it in the UK and Europe.

Update 6/5/13: The pressing is now up for pre-order at Amazon. You still have a shot to get the colored vinyl when ordering Mondo products through Amazon. These retail copies are set to be released on July 23rd.

Cool, thanks for the update.  Looks like you can save $1.50 by going this route due to the free shipping.