The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

I honestly wonder if they gives two shits.

The only time that works out is when the Soundtrack itself is in high demand. So if you've got a Drive, you're set. If you've got a Deadly Spawn or even a Poltergeist, you're selling at or below cost. To me, it seems a little risky for the buyer. 

They do because they limit their posters to "1 per buyer".  Once the demand regularly starts to exceed their supply, they will either press more, or regulate buying limits.  My guess is since they like to maintain their "limited edition edge", you will start to see the latter.  Now maybe they will set time limits on their "1 per buyer" restrictions, for example if a soundtrack doesn't sell out within 24 hours, that limitation will get removed on their website.  Honestly, I think that example is the best route to take because I'm sure they're not gonna want to see their vinyl releases selling below sale price on eBay, which is bound to happen if people are buying 3-4 copies and just discarding their "regular" black vinyl copies.  It will flood the market.

They do because they limit their posters to "1 per buyer".  Once the demand regularly starts to exceed their supply, they will either press more, or regulate buying limits.  My guess is since they like to maintain their "limited edition edge", you will start to see the latter.  

I'll buy it. 

I'll buy it. 

What I'm not sure I understand is what they're doing with the non-limited "regular copies" that they're sending out to records stores sometime this spring.  Will it be the same exact thing as say getting a regular black vinyl copy from the online order?  Will there be different artwork?  Different barcodes or indicators that this is a 2nd pressing?

If it's the exact same thing they just sold online, why didn't they just sell all limited edition pink vinyl copies instead?  I could see their online demand dropping significantly if they continue with the "randomly inserted color variants" theme and then going ahead and selling the same non-limited "regular edition" at a record store.

I usually have this ritual when I get record boxes where I don't look at the address label and just get surprised when I open it, but the scorpion on the package made it obvious. Black. At least it sounds pink? Oh well, I am damn happy to be listening to this finally.

What I'm not sure I understand is what they're doing with the non-limited "regular copies" that they're sending out to records stores sometime this spring.  Will it be the same exact thing as say getting a regular black vinyl copy from the online order?  Will there be different artwork?  Different barcodes or indicators that this is a 2nd pressing?

If it's the exact same thing they just sold online, why didn't they just sell all limited edition pink vinyl copies instead?  I could see their online demand dropping significantly if they continue with the "randomly inserted color variants" theme and then going ahead and selling the same non-limited "regular edition" at a record store.

It's part of the same run, they just set aside some for distribution. I think there should still be some pink copies scattered throughout those that will be in stores; maybe you guys can still get lucky

Cool, thanks. Looks like the regular edition of Drive will be out 5/28 as well and will be 005 in their catalog number.

What do you mean by regular edition?

from mondo's blog

Wow. We sold out of the entire edition of DRIVE in under 30 minutes. Thank you so much for making our record label such an enormous success. If you missed out on the record, please do not send us angry e-mails. There is still hope. There will be a exclusive Picture Disc version of this LP on RECORD STORE DAY (Record Stores only, obviously) AND this regular edition will be in record stores sometime later this spring (We will announce the Street Date once it is confirmed).

Just to clarify, these will be part of the same pressing. Once those copies are gone, they will be gone for good. This is NOT a second pressing.

they are using 'regular edition' to differentiate from the picture disc i believe. this is not a separate 'regular edition' from what they had on their website, it should be the same one we all ordered.

What do you mean by regular edition?

from mondo's blog

Wow. We sold out of the entire edition of DRIVE in under 30 minutes. Thank you so much for making our record label such an enormous success. If you missed out on the record, please do not send us angry e-mails. There is still hope. There will be a exclusive Picture Disc version of this LP on RECORD STORE DAY (Record Stores only, obviously) AND this regular edition will be in record stores sometime later this spring (We will announce the Street Date once it is confirmed).

Just to clarify, these will be part of the same pressing. Once those copies are gone, they will be gone for good. This is NOT a second pressing.

they are using 'regular edition' to differentiate from the picture disc i believe. this is not a separate 'regular edition' from what they had on their website, it should be the same one we all ordered.

Just reading off the Redeye webpage. Apparently the copies of Drive we are getting in the mail right now is 008.

As of right now I'm assuming it is that same mastering, packing and shit with a different number. Maybe due to the logistical shit that transpired trying to put that thing out over the past year? I doubt there is a substantive difference. 

I can confirm that the LPs shipping now are 008. Maybe Redeye has their shit wrong.