Tenacious D 12th Anniversary Self Titled 2LP Repress

throck

Well, after shipping I'd imagine the shirts would be almost the same price there. Dammit, now I'm tempted about that signed one. Hmmm...

I stood there for a few minutes and debated.  The impulse to buy was there, but for some reason I decided to show restraint - I figured $50 was a lot of $$.  It would be different if I met them and they signed it, but buying it already signed took away from it.  I was pretty sure the price was negotiable, but the guy at the table was busy with t-shirt and sweatshirt sales so I didn't ask.  I stood there for a few minutes (drinking at the bar which was near the merch table) and I didn't see anyone buy one.

I stood there for a few minutes and debated.  The impulse to buy was there, but for some reason I decided to show restraint - I figured $50 was a lot of $$.  It would be different if I met them and they signed it, but buying it already signed took away from it.  I was pretty sure the price was negotiable, but the guy at the table was busy with t-shirt and sweatshirt sales so I didn't ask.  I stood there for a few minutes (drinking at the bar which was near the merch table) and I didn't see anyone buy one.

Well thanks for posting about it, at least I won't be taken by surprise and either a) impulse buy or B) have no cash to make this ridiculous and deliberate purchase. 

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone own a sealed copy of the OG press?  I got one recently, and I'm not sure if it's factory shrink or one of the many "resealed records" on eBay these days.

The jacket is NM, and I'm stoked on it either way because I got it relatively cheap.  Just hoping someone has one to compare it to, here's mine.  The wrap has a weird opening in the back, I would have thought it'd be sealed like a normal record.

photo27o.jpg

Anyone own a sealed copy of the OG press?  I got one recently, and I'm not sure if it's factory shrink or one of the many "resealed records" on eBay these days.

The jacket is NM, and I'm stoked on it either way because I got it relatively cheap.  Just hoping someone has one to compare it to, here's mine.  The wrap has a weird opening in the back, I would have thought it'd be sealed like a normal record.

photo27o.jpg

That's normal, especially with major label releases

• 1 month later...

Anyone else have the official Tenacious D cum rag?

I passed on the rag but I do have the sock.

Does the new press have the original artwork on the back or the edited with no babies?

When I saw them in 2001(?) They did a meet & greet for anyone who bought the album. I got a poster signed then got in line again to get a picture. When I got the film developed (yep, old school) I discovered Jack Black was flipping me off. 

anyone else having issues with the download code? i want my bonus track and their website doesn't do shit when i enter in my info.

i tried to redeem the download code so I could get the bonus track too and it basically just refreshed the page.  the download manager/whatever is supposed to open didn't.  I tried in 3 different browsers and had my gf try on her computer and the same thing happened.  I e-mailed them and I'm waiting on a response.

i tried to redeem the download code so I could get the bonus track too and it basically just refreshed the page.  the download manager/whatever is supposed to open didn't.  I tried in 3 different browsers and had my gf try on her computer and the same thing happened.  I e-mailed them and I'm waiting on a response.

Whoa whoa whoa...

What bonus track?!

Whoa whoa whoa...

What bonus track?!

A studio version of "Pat Riley", also known as "Ben Vereen". I don't know the last time they actually performed it live, but it's one of the ancient deep cuts from around 2001 I think. Now that the D have released  "5 Needs", "They Fucked Our Asses", & "Jesus Ranch", I'm hoping "Warning", "Kyle Took A Bullet For Me" and "A Special Thing" get the studio treatment someday for the hardcore fans.

Hopefully the download codes will work soon, too. I plan on picking this up on 4/20.

A studio version of "Pat Riley", also known as "Ben Vereen". I don't know the last time they actually performed it live, but it's one of the ancient deep cuts from around 2001 I think. Now that the D have released  "5 Needs", "They Fucked Our Asses", & "Jesus Ranch", I'm hoping "Warning", "Kyle Took A Bullet For Me" and "A Special Thing" get the studio treatment someday for the hardcore fans.

Hopefully the download codes will work soon, too. I plan on picking this up on 4/20.

Very cool!

Yeah I think they should do a Classic D special release or something with all the live rarities and HBO tracks.

The song Sasquatch is one of my faves and I was very peeved that not only did they not play the song on the last tour where the opener was Sasquatch, but also that the aforementioned opener was fucking horrific to behold.

My download didn't include the bonus song.  Did anyone else's?