The Official Horror Thread

Rip

Last night I watched VHS: Viral, The Nightmare, and Don't Look Now.

VHS: Viral was so terrible. I mean... I expected it to be bad, but it was sooo disappointing compared to the first two. I mean... At least the first two felt like they were connected in some way. This one just felt like a stand-alone thing. And plus, I wouldn't even consider the best segment for this one a found footage segment. So weird.

The Nightmare was fucking terrifying. Definitely made me afraid to go to sleep last night and if that doesn't equal "good horror film," then I don't know what does.

Don't Look Now was really good. I just recently got the Criterion blu-ray of this. It looks absolutely beautiful. One of the most confusing movies I've ever seen though. Most films that are somewhat open-ended and confusing, I can start to make sense of them after a little while, but I am completely stumped on this one. Excited to try and learn more about what the hell happened though.

Viral was such a letdown compared to the first two. I've heard great things about those other movies so this is convincing me to watch them!

• 4 weeks later...

What's new (to Netflix at least) and worth it? We watched Late Phases last night, and if someone could explain the story behind that movie I'd appreciate it.

It seems to me to be a shot-for-shot remake of some bad 80's monster movie no one has seen, but with modern camera superiority. The acting is bad, the writing is horrible, the editing and direction is questionable, but I had fun! If it's a send up to bad B movies, then they fucking nailed it. If not, I still had a good time at the movies.

What's new (to Netflix at least) and worth it? We watched Late Phases last night, and if someone could explain the story behind that movie I'd appreciate it.

It seems to me to be a shot-for-shot remake of some bad 80's monster movie no one has seen, but with modern camera superiority. The acting is bad, the writing is horrible, the editing and direction is questionable, but I had fun! If it's a send up to bad B movies, then they fucking nailed it. If not, I still had a good time at the movies.

Late Phases was fuckinf sick, dude. It's a goddamn Werewolf flick, how good do you want it to be?

Late Phases was a lot of fun. Wyrmwood is a great watch and I highly recommend it. Regarding current Netflix, here are some great views I've posted about in the past:

- Housebound

- Babadook

- Creep

- The Guest

- Would You Rather

- Zombeavers

- The Sacrament

- Starry Eyes

- 100 Bloody Acres

All of the mentioned flicks were really enjoyable

Late Phases was a lot of fun. Wyrmwood is a great watch and I highly recommend it. Regarding current Netflix, here are some great views I've posted about in the past:

- Housebound

- Babadook

- Creep

- The Guest

- Would You Rather

- Zombeavers

- The Sacrament

- Starry Eyes

- 100 Bloody Acres

All of the mentioned flicks were really enjoyable

Pretty much this.  I've seen all of these except Would You Rather, Zombeavers, and 100 Bloody Acres, but I plan on changing that soon.  All of these are really, really good.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd love to (about 12 hours from my place in AL).

So is it an extra ticket on top of a park pass?? Could I get the full experience in one or two nights?

Yes, it's a separate admission. The best way to see it all in one night is to go early in the season and to get the Express Pass. I'm going the first two Fridays and I can't wait.

• Rip changed the title to The Official Horror Thread