The Official Horror Thread

Rip

Anyone else watch The ABC's of Death 2 yet?  My girlfriend and I watched it the other night.  I thought it was really good.  A few misses (like the first one), but overall still really enjoyable.  Can't say if I like it better than the first though.  I've watched the first one 3 or 4 times, but only this one once.

Oh!  And we also watched Deadgirl.  Seriously.  Go watch this as soon as you can.  So very good.

I hated Deadgirl so much.  I'm all for uncomfortable films, but Deadgirl made me more uncomfortable than any other film I've seen.  I will never watch it again. 

I hated Deadgirl so much.  I'm all for uncomfortable films, but Deadgirl made me more uncomfortable than any other film I've seen.  I will never watch it again. 

I can totally see what you mean.  It's hard to get comfortable watching a film like that.  Still though, I really liked it.  I can see why it's on quite a few "controversial" lists though.

I've watched the Penny Dreadful series. It starts off kinda slow but picks up speed towards the middle. It is well directed and great character development. All together it is a good tv series that had me wanting more at the end. Great for horror fans just because there are a lot of characters and horror/supernatural aspects involved. It's got an 8.3 on IMDB too, so that's really good for a horror/ supernatural series. 

Also watched Deliver Us From Evil last night. I always enjoy a good exorcism/demon movie and this one delivered. My BF who isn't much of a horror fan also enjoyed it. Good character development, had you on the edge of your seat and overall good story line.

I love your "Lucy Daughter of the Devil" avatar. I miss that show.

And for those who have picked up the Halloween BR boxset, have you watched part 4 & experienced the audio shift about 1/2 way through that I've been reading about? Kinda glad I haven't grabbed it yet.

I have the set and on 4 I do have the audio delay problem and tried it on two different blu ray players. Apparently the studio acknowledged that it is a problem and are offering replacement discs wth proof of purchase. I'll try to dig up the link later on, on my phone at the moment. I wouldn't let it hold you from picking it up, it's an awesome set if you're a Michael Myers fan, and the remaster on 1&2 and special features are worth it alone

I have the set and on 4 I do have the audio delay problem and tried it on two different blu ray players. Apparently the studio acknowledged that it is a problem and are offering replacement discs wth proof of purchase. I'll try to dig up the link later on, on my phone at the moment. I wouldn't let it hold you from picking it up, it's an awesome set if you're a Michael Myers fan, and the remaster on 1&2 and special features are worth it alone

I just emailed them last night about my replacement disc. Haven't heard back but I'm not sure if I'm supposed to hear back or not lol.

I love your "Lucy Daughter of the Devil" avatar. I miss that show.

I love that you recognized it. :) Seriously one of the greatest cartoons that didn't make it. With the popularity of Home Movies and Bob Burgers they should try to bring it back or at least release it on DVD or Blu-ray. I'd buy that shit in a heartbeat. 

Cool, thanks for the response man. I'll probly still grab it.

Howdy fellas (and Lauryn!), based on the wealth of info in these pages I have purchased/downloaded a good bit of flicks we've never seen for me and my girlfriend to watch the Christmas (it's the next time I'll see her)!

We both love the genre, and are really open to anything.  So far I have:

Cannibal Holocaust

Poughkeepsie Tapes

Martyrs

Zombi

V/H/S 1 and 2

Deadgirl

A Silent House

Stoked!

Howdy fellas (and Lauryn!), based on the wealth of info in these pages I have purchased/downloaded a good bit of flicks we've never seen for me and my girlfriend to watch the Christmas (it's the next time I'll see her)!

We both love the genre, and are really open to anything.  So far I have:

Cannibal Holocaust

Poughkeepsie Tapes

Martyrs

Zombi

V/H/S 1 and 2

Deadgirl

A Silent House

Stoked!

Man, that's gonna be a really dark Xmas. I like it.

Noalarmplanet, let's see that hatbox ghost tattoo!

I though Deliver Us From Evil was pretty wretched - Eric Bana was painful to watch IMO.

And here is the info about the Halloween 4 disc copied and pasted:

Halloween 4: Audio Sync Issue

On behalf of Anchor Bay and Scream Factory, we want to thank everyone that has purchased the Halloween Complete Collection. We hope you are enjoying it and all the work that went into bringing it to you, the fans. Unfortunately there is an audio sync issue with Halloween 4 that has always existed on that film with every release. We attempted to fix one of the problems prior to this release but in doing so, it created sync issues elsewhere in the film, which has now come to light. For the past two weeks we have been working to fix the problems that have arisen and we have been able to fix the sync issues at the 46 minute mark. We will be issuing a replacement disc to anyone that has been affected.

If you were affected by a Halloween 4 sync issue and would like a replacement disc sent to you, please follow these instructions:

In order to receive a replacement with the first batch being sent, send an e-mail to [email protected] no later than October 31st and include the following:

1) Proof of purchase (photo or scan of receipt or digital receipt from on-line retailer)
2) Your name
3) Mailing address

Your replacement disc will then be shipped to arrive no later than November 14, 2014.

Thank you again for bringing Michael home.

We both love the genre, and are really open to anything. So far I have:

Cannibal Holocaust

Poughkeepsie Tapes

Martyrs

Zombi

V/H/S 1 and 2

Deadgirl

A Silent House

Stoked!

Very good choices! Of course you have to check out the original Black Christmas if you haven't already since it'll be around Christmas time! One of the best, if not the best slasher ever!

Agreed! That's a very good start. Also, how am I the only girl in here? That's not right. 

I pop in every now and then! I just can't seem to find the time to watch anything new, or really any movies at all lately, and if I do they're all old ones. Fell asleep to Cabin Fever the other night. Want to go see Annabelle at some point.

Unfortunately there is an audio sync issue with Halloween 4 that has always existed on that film with every release. We attempted to fix one of the problems prior to this release but in doing so, it created sync issues elsewhere in the film, which has now come to light. For the past two weeks we have been working to fix the problems that have arisen and we have been able to fix the sync issues at the 46 minute mark. We will be issuing a replacement disc to anyone that has been affected.

So they "attempted" to fix it, couldn't, and now they did by only spending two weeks on it? So they never attempted it? That is what I am picking up from that message.

what a joke, if they would have just fixed it to begin with they could have saved a lot of time, money, and face.

Don't forget Tales From the Crypt Season 1 Episode 2

Great episode!

I recently downloaded every season and have been watching each episode in order. Also watched Demon Knight, Creepshow 2 and Tales From The Darkside too. Guess I've been really into anthology type things lately. 

• Rip changed the title to The Official Horror Thread