Phonetic spellings of band/song names.

mrewest

Converge is actually a word. And it's pronounced converge. I'm not sure how you'd botch that pronunciation.

I think he was saying that the distinction lies in the emphasis on the syllable. It could be pronounced CONverge or conVERGE.

That being said, I look at these phonetic spellings wonder how people who write in Chinese or Japanese or some other symbol-based writing system would have this conversation lol.

the american football thing was a joke, because on the album art they split it up........ whatever obviously lost // bad joke

Regarding Converge, I'm not stupid.....  everyone learns about it in math class! The word isn't pronounced CON - VERGE, as it's spelled, it's pronounced CUN - VERGE.  For whatever reason, I always mess up pronouncing it.  I was actually hoping someone would have clarified that but I had to google it instead.

the american football thing was a joke, because on the album art they split it up........ whatever obviously lost // bad joke

Regarding Converge, I'm not stupid.....  everyone learns about it in math class! The word isn't pronounced CON - VERGE, as it's spelled, it's pronounced CUN - VERGE.  For whatever reason, I always mess up pronouncing it.  I was actually hoping someone would have clarified that but I had to google it instead.

Somebody recognize [and subsequently, love] my Kahn-verge joke dammit!

When the Menzingers released their first album, they weren't that popular, so there was really no footage of them doing interviews or playing shows and saying "Hey, we're the Menzingers". For the longest time I was like, "How the FUCK do you pronounce that? Men-zin-jers? Men-ZING-ers?, etc."

Luckily for me, they became world superstars and now it's abundantly clear how to pronounce it.

why does nobody say the dear hunter correctly? the dear hunter. people say it like it's referring to a hunter of dear deer(?)...

is that what you mean?

It's because of the "The".  If it was just 'Dear Hunter' it would be more recognizable as "Dear Hunter(colon)".  But because of the "The" it sounds like you are refering to a hunter of deer