PO: Bring Me The Horizon - Sempiternal

to answer your analogy Derek... yes, you are right. but remember, this is the "Pamela Anderson" thread. so should I have come in here and pointed him to Bridgette Nielsen? I mean.... why not point him to Ms. Cuthbert? sure, the caliber is very different, but that's EXACTLY what I was trying to point out.

BMTH is good. fuck, they are even great at certain things. but the lyrics ARE NOT a part of that greatness. in fact, they prevent many from even being able to take the band seriously. and many more (such as Ronnie) are weeded out by their look. I understand that. But the reality is... all of these bands ARE in the same broad category to the average listener.

9/10 people would hear BMTH and Converge and not be able to distinguish the two. Yes, this is blasphemy to us, but this is what we do and love. most people hear screaming and peace the fuck out.

if you disagree... then explain pop charts. the same fucking song is on there 40 times. just with a different title and "face."

In all honesty, I would never write a band off based on their looks.  I gave this band a proper listen, yet heard absolutely nothing that set them apart from the other bands whom share the same font and wall space at Hot Topic.  If you dig these guys, then you should dig on these guys, it's awesome if you do.  The only reason I stated anything regarding my distaste for said band was the comparison to original, artistic acts like Converge and Botch.  Really, nobody should take any offense, I'm sure I listen to bands people would find awful in here as well.  

I'd add... if you are listening to this band for the lyrics, I suggest Workaholics for your comedic needs instead.

Comedy and music are completely different. I like my comedy to be really immature and outrageous at times and I like my music, for the most part, to not have shitty lyrics unless it's the instrumentation that really hooks me.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In all honesty, I would never write a band off based on their looks. I gave this band a proper listen, yet heard absolutely nothing that set them apart from the other bands whom share the same font and wall space at Hot Topic. If you dig these guys, then you should dig on these guys, it's awesome if you do. The only reason I stated anything regarding my distaste for said band was the comparison to original, artistic acts like Converge and Botch. Really, nobody should take any offense, I'm sure I listen to bands people would find awful in here as well.

HT sells Converge tees. Just sayin' guys.

Side note #1: who listens to heavy music and doesn't LOVE Botch?!

Side note #2: I also had to force myself to like American Nightmare. They toured with all of my favorite bands at the time and I didn't get it at first...now I love it!

• 2 weeks later...