Transit - Young New England

4 tracks in and this album rules! Not sure where all the hate is coming from, and I think Joe B's vocals sound great!

db

edit: Definitely giving this album a chance. I made it to the title track and it kind of reminds me of Rebecca Black in the male form.

edit #2: Had my sister objectively listen to the song and she rates it a 2.2 out of 10

db

edit: Definitely giving this album a chance. I made it to the title track and it kind of reminds me of Rebecca Black in the male form.

edit #2: Had my sister objectively listen to the song and she rates it a 2.2 out of 10

Oh it must be bad than since your sister, the world famous music critic, rated it 2.2/10. 

But in all seriousness its different and its not really a transit record. But if you want a decent to good pop rock record its worth checking out. I still like Listen and Forgive more but I don't think this is nearly as bad as some people are pointing out and rather an ok attempt at branching out with some hits and misses. I was never too invested into Transit's music. I have seen them open for bands I like twice and listened to their past albums but never found them super amazing. I can respect a ok pop rock album this time around. At the end of the day all that matters is they had fun with it and some people like it. Transit were never game changing but continue to not be in a different way but still are worth a listen. It won't make any AOTY 2013 lists but it will get its fair share of listens.

db

Wanna start a critic blog based on our little siblings ratings? My little brother said this was "shit city"

Older Younger Blogz

Oh it must be bad than since your sister, the world famous music critic, rated it 2.2/10. 

But in all seriousness its different and its not really a transit record. But if you want a decent to good pop rock record its worth checking out. I still like Listen and Forgive more but I don't think this is nearly as bad as some people are pointing out and rather an ok attempt at branching out with some hits and misses. I was never too invested into Transit's music. I have seen them open for bands I like twice and listened to their past albums but never found them super amazing. I can respect a ok pop rock album this time around. At the end of the day all that matters is they had fun with it and some people like it. Transit were never game changing but continue to not be in a different way but still are worth a listen. It won't make any AOTY 2013 lists but it will get its fair share of listens.

even the people who are listening to this record, giving it a chance, and kinda "liking" it... aren't convincing me that this is worth picking up. there's just way too much out there. sometimes I (we) focus on the same bands and what they're gonna do rather than listening to good music. I definitely love supporting bands (was in one myself for awhile and we were definitely not "the best out there"), but when you're on rise records and put out a seriously mediocre-at-best and super weird record, I feel like it's time to leave you alone for awhile. pressure was on, they didn't perform. hopefully they make up for it by switching it up next time.

even the people who are listening to this record, giving it a chance, and kinda "liking" it... aren't convincing me that this is worth picking up. there's just way too much out there. sometimes I (we) focus on the same bands and what they're gonna do rather than listening to good music. I definitely love supporting bands (was in one myself for awhile and we were definitely not "the best out there"), but when you're on rise records and put out a seriously mediocre-at-best and super weird record, I feel like it's time to leave you alone for awhile. pressure was on, they didn't perform. hopefully they make up for it by switching it up next time.

Well said.

even the people who are listening to this record, giving it a chance, and kinda "liking" it... aren't convincing me that this is worth picking up. there's just way too much out there. sometimes I (we) focus on the same bands and what they're gonna do rather than listening to good music. I definitely love supporting bands (was in one myself for awhile and we were definitely not "the best out there"), but when you're on rise records and put out a seriously mediocre-at-best and super weird record, I feel like it's time to leave you alone for awhile. pressure was on, they didn't perform. hopefully they make up for it

by switching it up next time.

To be fair I am hardly just focusing on Transit. I started listening when L&F came out and even then own their album cause they opened for saves the day. I liked them but even L&F was nothing groundbreaking but fun. I went and heard their previous works and it sounded like a band trying to hard to be early tbs. They had a good live show both times I saw them (as openers). What made me pre-order was the nice bundle options, cool variant, and I liked the first song released. At the end of the day there are tons of albums I kinda like but this album is fairy good and I do enjoy it. Not every day a masterpiece is written but above average and catchy while sonically appealing to me personally is my listening criteria.

I don't expect the whole world to like it I am just giving my point of view on an open forum  Honestly I could care less what ends up being the majority opinion but hey thats just me.

To be fair I am hardly just focusing on Transit. I started listening when L&F came out and even then own their album cause they opened for saves the day. I liked them but even L&F was nothing groundbreaking but fun. I went and heard their previous works and it sounded like a band trying to hard to be early tbs. They had a good live show both times I saw them (as openers). What made me pre-order was the nice bundle options, cool variant, and I liked the first song released. At the end of the day there are tons of albums I kinda like but this album is fairy good and I do enjoy it. Not every day a masterpiece is written but above average and catchy while sonically appealing to me personally is my listening criteria.

I don't expect the whole world to like it I am just giving my point of view on an open forum  Honestly I could care less what ends up being the majority opinion but hey thats just me.

I remember dissing this album so hard because I felt all they did for instruments was speed up American Football riffs. I still believe this but I got over how awful of a singer he was and how they layer his voice like no other in L&F as well.

I'm sure I'm just bitter that they will never play Rule of Nines the more progressive their sound gets :(

Tommy Nassiff just panned this on AP.net...Not cool if you ask me.

http://absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=3100301&page=1

I'm not sure he knew where that review wanted to go.  It's understood that he thinks the record is bad.  But he seems to contradict himself on just how good of a band Transit is/has been in the past, and what exactly about the band makes them good.

Oh, and the Daisy reference.

Just experimented with this album on the drive home, it is very bass intensive....like Beats by Dre may be recommended for listening.

But it has way more musical depth than laptop speakers and cheap earbuds. Pretty crazy how the difference is night and day, really makes the songs pop.