THE OFFICIAL EBAY CRAZINESS THREAD

That's crazy still not sure if I understand what the description means

That's crazy still not sure if I understand what the description means

Basically Aphex Twin made an album like fifteen years ago through one of his several pseudonyms but the record label never actually released the album. They made four sets of test pressings, though, and the owner of one of the sets tried to list it on Discogs earlier this year. The forum in question is an Aphex Twin fan forum which struck a deal with Richard James himself to take the Discogs listing down and allow the fans to legally purchase a digital copy ripped straight from the test pressing for a certain time. Once enough people bought the album, the digital copies would no longer be for sale and the test pressing would go onto eBay, and whatever amount of money made from the test pressing's auction is being donated to a charity decided upon by the forum members.

I know this was just a poorly re-hashed version of the description, but that's what it is.

I'm just hoping the two or three people that look to be involved in a bidding war aren't just jacking the price up for shits and giggles.

Basically Aphex Twin made an album like fifteen years ago through one of his several pseudonyms but the record label never actually released the album. They made four sets of test pressings, though, and the owner of one of the sets tried to list it on Discogs earlier this year. The forum in question is an Aphex Twin fan forum which struck a deal with Richard James himself to take the Discogs listing down and allow the fans to legally purchase a digital copy ripped straight from the test pressing for a certain time. Once enough people bought the album, the digital copies would no longer be for sale and the test pressing would go onto eBay, and whatever amount of money made from the test pressing's auction is being donated to a charity decided upon by the forum members.

I know this was just a poorly re-hashed version of the description, but that's what it is.

I'm just hoping the two or three people that look to be involved in a bidding war aren't just jacking the price up for shits and giggles.

okay cool that makes more sense. wasn't sure what was happening but that seems cool, wonder how long until that album gets leaked