THE OFFICIAL EBAY CRAZINESS THREAD

I emailed this guy to say that this is a bootleg repress according to Germs Discography.....and boy did he get pissed....some shit about.."I bought this 32 years ago, Don't bid on my stuff"!! blah blah blah.... I was just telling him what I read....A bit overpriced I would say:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180543142806&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

This dude's selling knock-off gold records, and making a killing!

http://cgi.ebay.com/WEEZER-CD-GOLD-DISC-LP-FREE-P-P-/230509816016?pt=UK_Music_Music_Memorabilia_LE

That's the cd at the center, the record behind it is generic, tracks don't match up to the actual tracks on side A of that LP.

Yeah, this definitely fake, but actually, most real gold/platinum plaques that I've ever seen (we have a number here in the office) don't have the actual LP in them—they just buy junk LPs and put the CD over whatever the label was. (One exception to that rule is our gold record for Radiohead's The Bends, which actually displays the LP label).

to be fair, I don't think that gold-plated LP guy is actually pushing these as the real deal.

No, but he kind of dances around it in the listing. And they're being sold at a price point where somebody could easily believe that they're real. That's my issue.

While the seller doesn't explicitly say they are recreations, below describing the CD and artwork as original in all caps, he says the discs are professionally gold plated, omitting the original description. AND right below that detail, "We can tailor make virtually ANY gold disc for you..."

Nothing misleading in this item, just a stupid gimmick.

not a record but curious to see what happens

New Found Glory - Nothing Gold Can Stay cd 1st press by Eulogy Records /400 (or 1500 by other sources), not the Drive Thru version

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Found-Glory-Nothing-Gold-Can-Stay-EULOGY-SIGNED-/160470318468?pt=UK_CDsDVDs_CDs_CDs_GL

hahaha i've seen this many times. he's had it posted for quite some time now at that price. i asked him if he would sell it for a real price and he gave me something weird about why it should be $1000. crazy.