Faith No More - Album Of The Year Still Coming This Year?

I saw on a thread that was posted here last year that FNM's Album of the Year would be coming to vinyl on Enjoy the Ride records early this year.  Does anybody know if this is still happening?  Even thought I'm STILL trying to get their other albums on vinyl, it would be awesome to have Album of the Year.

I saw on a thread that was posted here last year that FNM's Album of the Year would be coming to vinyl on Enjoy the Ride records early this year.  Does anybody know if this is still happening?  Even thought I'm STILL trying to get their other albums on vinyl, it would be awesome to have Album of the Year.

Hmm...maybe after this(i hope it's true) they will repress Angel Dust?

Yes it is still happening, we were already approved by the label for a standard re-issue of the original pressing but we wanted to upgrade to have a gatefold with the lyrics and some extra art from the original cd release so we have been waiting for band approval on the lyrics for about 4 months. We hope to get this out by later this year but fully depends on how much longer work on the approval or denial or the gatefold takes.

I'd imagine if it was anywhere close to happening by them, we'd be hearing about it. I don't hold much of an opinion about EtR, but they seem to mention everything they are trying, but not necessarily going to be able, to reissue. Or maybe I'm mixing them up with another label.

we dont usually mention anything until we either spoken to the label and have either an approval pending or already an approval with the planning phase in the works

Whilst a repress is needed for Album Of The Year, I have trepidation as I get the feeling that this is going to be a nother style over substance pressing sent to the Czech Republic for anoth badly mastered record via Pirates Press. Although they've come some way at GZ to improve their product, it is still woefully below what we get from Pallas (Furnace or pallas Gmbh) or United  who offer competitive alternatives to the Pirates Press proxy.

We got a very poor remaster of Angel Dust but an impressive physical pressing from Mofi in 2008 (pointless) followed by two counterfeits of Angel Dust from GZ Digital Media (2012 and 2013  -the company behind the pirates Press proxy) which were woefully flat and forgettable. I'm just fed up of FNM not getting the attention to detail and ultimately the  pressing they deserve. Please, please look to a decent mastering engineer and a decent manufacturer for this reissue - even of you have to rope in SST Brüggemann GmbH for the cut and then either Furnace/Pallas, Optimal Media Production or even United Record Pressing to press the thing.

Given what I know though, it's probably going to be another lamentable reissue which will no doubt satisfy the "me like shiny shiny" people but those who love vinyl for the pure listening pleasure will go wanting still. :(

• 3 months later...

Just came across this - http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/FAITH-NO-MORE-ANGEL-DUST-LTD-REISSUED-NUMBERED-BLUE-VINYL-DBL-LP-PRE-ORDER-/161041411056?pt=UK_Records&hash=item257ed0ebf0

Looks like Angel Dust is getting a UK re-press this month on the 'Music on vinyl' label. Wonder what master they are using!

• 5 weeks later...

i have seen that Musicforvinyl has re-released ths "album of the year" on LP:

http://lastrightsrecords.wordpress.com/2013/07/12/faith-no-more-album-of-the-year-vinyl-reissue-now-available-for-pre-order/

http://www.todocoleccion.net/faith-no-more-album-of-the-year-180g-lp-nuevo~x38166045

is still "enjoy the ride records" going to re-release it too?

Cool.  I hope there's more than one pressing.  Now make all 90s records.  And why the hell isn't 90s Local H or Reel Big Fish on vinyl yet?

Cool.  I hope there's more than one pressing.  Now make all 90s records.  And why the hell isn't 90s Local H or Reel Big Fish on vinyl yet?

i hope soo. i dont like too much the music for vinyl pressings, i dont know, but i think that big record labels as that or bak on black, don t care so much about their pressings. usually smaller record labels puts more love and dedication on the few editions they release, so i hope  that "enjoy the records" is still re-releasing the FNM LP....