CONFESSIONS

i didn't watch star wars until a couple years ago. it was mostly driven by the fact that it's so ubiquitous in pop culture that i just kind of wanted to be in on it. having not seen them yet, i still thought family guy's episode one spoof was one of their all time funniest.

- I am extremely shy and nervous and often drink a lot at in social situations, even family gatherings, so I am a little more open and talkative. This mostly leads to me getting way too drunk, which in turn makes me feel even worse.

- I  have always have done fine in school, but I feel like I don’t do nearly as well as I could. I’m just not motivated. I went to my first school for two years before transferring because I thought that’s what my parents wanted, and entered my major for the same reason. I often wonder what it would be like if I chose something different.

- A lot of times I pass up on going out or something because I’m nervous or I have my own routine - sleep early, up early, run, etc. I enjoy it. I have friends, but I feel like I don't even connect with them sometimes, and that I definitely can’t connect with anyone in school, work, or life because of whatever is holding me back. Part of me likes it but part of me hates it.

- I have been with my girlfriend for almost 7 years (since high school), and when I tell people they always comment on how

long that is and how they don’t know how I could be with one person for so long. I love her, and I’m sure we’ll get married, but when people say it part of me wonders if I missed out on anything.

It took me a long time to finally post even these little things that bother me, but after reading this entire thread you all seem like cool people. I wish I contributed more!

I can relate so hard to the first 3 bullets, but Confession: I have terrible Anxiety.

dude at least goblet of fire.  then again she was 15.   i don't fucking know.  girls now are like 5 years older than real life.

I think my answer is half blood prince, but I don't know. It's not cut and dry. She doesn't look THAT different from order of the Phoenix. She is an attractive lady (much more so without the short hair).

it was animal, and i dont care who knows!!! and sorry to break it to ya, warrior was never pressed and i dont think its gonna be. :(

AGREED. KESHA IS FUCKING AWESOME. I love the shit out of Warrior tho... Crazy Kids is my jam. My ringtone too! I have an elaborate theory that Kesha is secretly a highly intelligent businesswoman who figured out how to work the industry the easiest way possible to become the most successful. Kesha is the one laughing at US. "Those idiots just keep eating this shit up! taha!"

Confession : Ive never seen Star Wars.

Me neither. Screw that. Now that i know we have similar enjoyment of kesha and dislike of star wars, lets get a beer.

jesus, this just reminded me of one of the uglier fights. it was after a brewfest up in vermont, so we were both annihilated. as things were ending, she managed to lose her camera. after about an hour of trying to find it, we lost our friends. after a trip to the bathroom, she comes out, and says her phone is stuck. in the toilet. i had to go into the women's room, literally reach into the toilet and pull with all my strength to get it out. i still can't figure out how the hell it happened.

but between the alcohol, and me just being beyond annoyed that she could lose her camera and break her phone.. i just blew up on her. i don't remember deciding it was time for me to make the 2+ hour drive home, but we just continued fighting. eventually i found myself bashing the side of a fence with a 9 iron because i was just so damn angry.

my confessions are just stories in disguise at this point.

Yeahh... so angry... can't speak... just hit things....

confessions are stories in disguise...

lets start a band. that'll be the title of our first album. we'll tour with hawthorne heights.

me too or LOTR. 

yeah! screw that too! and the harry potter movies! never seen any of all 3 franchises.

- I have been with my girlfriend for almost 7 years (since high school), and when I tell people they always comment on how

long that is and how they don’t know how I could be with one person for so long. I love her, and I’m sure we’ll get married, but when people say it part of me wonders if I missed out on anything.

interesting point....... i imagine everything i've done the past 7 years would've been very different had i been in the same relationship. i feel like lonely, painful, hurty time is important to growing as a person in my adultolesence.

confession.  sometimes my wife is a bitch. 

i don't hit women so i took it out on the wall. 

confession 2.  i hate mudding drywall.

i like this. thx.

AGREED. KESHA IS FUCKING AWESOME. I love the shit out of Warrior tho... Crazy Kids is my jam. My ringtone too! I have an elaborate theory that Kesha is secretly a highly intelligent businesswoman who figured out how to work the industry the easiest way possible to become the most successful. Kesha is the one laughing at US. "Those idiots just keep eating this shit up! taha!"

Me neither. Screw that. Now that i know we have similar enjoyment of kesha and dislike of star wars, lets get a beer.

you're my favorite VC'er now and for that, since i got a taoe deck today - you get a mix tape. that beer sure does sound good, lets go!

I don't presume to know everything and I haven't read all of this thread, but I don't totally understand people commonly claiming to have anxiety problems. I think anxiety is a normal human emotion. I'll feel anxious if I'm expected to dance in public. Or at a new job interview. Or on a first date. It's normal.

It's obviously not normal to be anxious if the tip of a pencil breaks or just pulling out of your driveway.

In between the two extremes there is a huge grey area and I don't know where everyone is going to fall on a different point. I just feel like I have met people who claim anxiety issues when really they are just experiencing what I would call normal, temporary anxiousness.

you're my favorite VC'er now and for that, since i got a taoe deck today - you get a mix tape. that beer sure does sound good, lets go!

we were just talking about mix tapes in the Daisy thread! And i said something about not making a girl a mixtape until she esses your dee. Your dee will be UN-essed but i want that mixtape....

my rule stands, with the exception "unless it's nicky."

PM me if you actually make it.

ok, who's willing to mock-up the confessions are stories in disguise album cover?

Ask the kids in the Mock ups thread. That will be fun for them?? Whatever. they'll do it. Band name??

I don't presume to know everything and I haven't read all of this thread, but I don't totally understand people commonly claiming to have anxiety problems. I think anxiety is a normal human emotion. I'll feel anxious if I'm expected to dance in public. Or at a new job interview. Or on a first date. It's normal.

It's obviously not normal to be anxious if the tip of a pencil breaks or just pulling out of your driveway.

In between the two extremes there is a huge grey area and I don't know where everyone is going to fall on a different point. I just feel like I have met people who claim anxiety issues when really they are just experiencing what I would call normal, temporary anxiousness.

There are certainly people that develop a kind of hypochondria, because of years of being told that every personality quirk and tic has a drug meant to "fix it." And we're living in an anxious age, for sure.

Just be careful to recognize that for some people, it's a very serious problem. Anxiety becomes an issue when it gets in the way of your normal routine and behaviors. Having anxiety before a performance evaluation at work is one thing. Breaking down crying while making macaroni and cheese is a totally different one.

we were just talking about mix tapes in the Daisy thread! And i said something about not making a girl a mixtape until she esses your dee. Your dee will be UN-essed but i want that mixtape....

my rule stands, with the exception "unless it's nicky."

PM me if you actually make it.

Ask the kids in the Mock ups thread. That will be fun for them?? Whatever. they'll do it. Band name??

how does Frog, Actually sound?

There are certainly people that develop a kind of hypochondria, because of years of being told that every personality quirk and tic has a drug meant to "fix it." And we're living in an anxious age, for sure.

Just be careful to recognize that for some people, it's a very serious problem. Anxiety becomes an issue when it gets in the way of your normal routine and behaviors. Having anxiety before a performance evaluation at work is one thing. Breaking down crying while making macaroni and cheese is a totally different one.

See: Thomas, and virtually every single post he made in the + / - thread.