CONFESSIONS

Whoa, for real? Like, are you actually coming out as trans right now, or are these just feelings you have sometimes? Either way, that's a huge confession to make, thank you for sharing it with us.

I'll contribute one of my own, too: I'm almost 31 and happily married, but I still get extremely jealous and sad when I see stuff on Instagram/Twitter/etc. of my friends out having fun without having invited me, especially when they're doing something I'm specifically interested in (like, not just drinking at a bar or something, because I don't care about that too much). It always makes me question my worth. I've dealt with that type of low self-esteem for as long as I remember. (High school was fucking brutal.)

I go through that a lot also.  Anytime I see messages posted back and forth between friends about something they did I get really jealous and sad because I wasn't a part of it.  I know I shouldn't feel that way at my age, but I too have always had low self-esteem. 

I go through that a lot also. Anytime I see messages posted back and forth between friends about something they did I get really jealous and sad because I wasn't a part of it. I know I shouldn't feel that way at my age, but I too have always had low self-esteem.

I feel like I have literally no peer group. I don't know anybody I have anything in common with, and if my wife isn't interested in something, 90% of the time I just go do it by myself.

It totally feeds back on itself, because what my "friends"/acquaintances do, I don't care about, or they don't bother asking me because they assume I'm not interested in.

I've been told by people I'm stuck up before, too.

Mostly though, I just know a ton of people that barely do shit. If I don't plan something, nothing happens. And sometimes people will say, "I'll hang out, if you can pay." People know I have a stable job. What they don't know is I'm not a rich bitch by any means.

So yeah. Kind of sucks. I feel like I know a lot of people but they don't really know or understand me.

I go through that a lot also.  Anytime I see messages posted back and forth between friends about something they did I get really jealous and sad because I wasn't a part of it.  I know I shouldn't feel that way at my age, but I too have always had low self-esteem. 

Same here. My best friends are all in a band together, and so a lot of times they talk about things that happen on tour or at practice or whatever and I really wish I had been there. Sucks a lot but I get over it in the end.

braces from 4th to 10th grade. when tightening the clasp on my molar they cracked it completely into pieces.

also

when they were preparing for the braces they had to pull a few teeth, this was back in the late 80's, i was very young. i was awake and watched them pull them out by the root by just yanking with pliers.

i just learned how to do this.

I had braces from like 10-13. I remember as time went on my dentist kept getting more and more plastic surgery. by the time I got the braces off his face was stretched, glossy, and overly tan... huge white teeth. imagine that face coming toward you with pliers.

I feel like I have literally no peer group. I don't know anybody I have anything in common with, and if my wife isn't interested in something, 90% of the time I just go do it by myself.

my first kid was born when I was 25, i'm 33 with two kids now.  i've been a stay at home dad since 2004.  most of the parents i deal with are at least 10 years older than me, of course all of the men work.  so not only do i get to deal with crazy moms that could almost be my mom, but the dudes and I have nothing in common.  even before we had kids my wife was getting tired of shows, so i went to shows for the past 8 years by myself.  i go see about 90% of the movies by myself.

we get along great, but I get your feeling of not having a peer group.  my plus is that i don't really desire to have friends and such.  at this point i'm most happy with the fam or alone.

When I was about 6 or 7 my mom decided to make make me get rid of any thing Pokemon related, due to religious reasons and how Pokémon was Poké-demons. So two years later me still loving Pokemon, and not being allowed to have anything of the sort, and my cousin having both Pokémon Fire Red AND Leaf Green, I decided to steal his Pokémon Fire Red (Keep in mind this game cost about $50 back in the day). I think he knew I took it too, it's just I've felt guilty about this since then and really want to apologize but I don't see him anymore. Funny thing is about a year later my mom just forgot the ban, or something because she bought me Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team.

Whoa, for real? Like, are you actually coming out as trans right now, or are these just feelings you have sometimes? Either way, that's a huge confession to make, thank you for sharing it with us.

I'll contribute one of my own, too: I'm almost 31 and happily married, but I still get extremely jealous and sad when I see stuff on Instagram/Twitter/etc. of my friends out having fun without having invited me, especially when they're doing something I'm specifically interested in (like, not just drinking at a bar or something, because I don't care about that too much). It always makes me question my worth. I've dealt with that type of low self-esteem for as long as I remember. (High school was fucking brutal.)

yeah, he said this last year, but over another forum. 

worth? yeah, i know what you mean buddy. but not so much as seeing people go do things. i just want someone to call me up from time to time to hang out. it's very rare that that happens. maybe once every 2 to 3 months? same person too. haha. oh my social life sucks. yeah. 

I fully agree with this.  Thank god, I don't feel so alone in this now.  

we have a girl that goes into our shop that has braces and she's the most attractive thing ever. really nice girl. doesnt smoke or drink. goes to church on occasion with her mom,  likes a decent amount of music i like. knowledgeable of politics, some sports, and social issues. weird for a college girl to not smoke or drink. especially when it's her 3rd year of college. 

I had a car accident - my first bad one - last summer. I posted on Facebook that I was feeling depressed and home alone, and asked if anybody wanted to go out to the nice-ish restaurant near my house. The only responses I got were people asking if I could pay.

you're friends and mine are probably the same people.. 

As I've gotten older it has been harder to make new friends but have plenty of professional relations that want to hang out. That is really a drag though, who wants to be reminded of work in your down time?

My best friends are still the same guys I've known since I was 12-18. We get together as much as we can. There is no replacing those you came of age with.