Oblivion - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack

I'm not trying to convert anyone to my weird train of thought. And yeah there are exceptions, I said that. Overall we have to agree to disagree then. I'm honest enough with myself to be comfortable with the small bit of biased all humans are prone to. It's no big deal bro.

One other point is, yeah, I haven't seen the film. So no link is there. So I'm not super into the score. I listened, it's OK, maybe if I saw the film and was blown away I'd appreciate it more. On it's own, it's not for me. That's PART of it. Another point I was making of why the Drive may have gone faster vs. this (since that was the topic when I posted originally.) 

I was just giving other reasons it may not have sold as fast as Drive. If it got taken any other way, my bad.

I think part of the reason it didnt sell as fast as Drive is probably because of the lack of the year long hype of Drive along with the fact that while I think Eng does some wonderful work (see Argo print), its not Stout, which is one of those names that sells rather easy to the art print collectors. Plus, I think most would agree that Drive is a better soundtrack overall.

Not to take anything away from the Oblivion vinyl though because its a wonderful score and has some great artwork as well. To its credit, it did sell out faster than any of the other Mondo releases not named Drive.  Plus, I'm sure people's wallets are still feeling the RSD hangover and some probably don't mind waiting until the black vinyl gets released in stores.

I think part of the reason it didnt sell as fast as Drive is probably because of the lack of the year long hype of Drive along with the fact that while I think Eng does some wonderful work (see Argo print), its not Stout, which is one of those names that sells rather easy to the art print collectors. Plus, I think most would agree that Drive is a better soundtrack overall.

Not to take anything away from the Oblivion vinyl though because its a wonderful score and has some great artwork as well. To its credit, it did sell out faster than any of the other Mondo releases not named Drive.  Plus, I'm sure people's wallets are still feeling the RSD hangover and some probably don't mind waiting until the black vinyl gets released in stores.

Yeah I knew alot of art collectors who picked up the Drive soundtrack only for the Stout art work. He is just one of those names who no matter what he puts out it will sell. 

If anyone missed out there are 3 copies available again.

Thanks for the heads up! I was on the fence on this and was bummed when it sold out. Caved and bought it just now because it sounds great from what I've listened to so far (about half of it). I'm sure I will probably enjoy it even more after seeing the movie.

Thanks for the heads up! I was on the fence on this and was bummed when it sold out. Caved and bought it just now because it sounds great from what I've listened to so far (about half of it). I'm sure I will probably enjoy it even more after seeing the movie.

Glad to help :)

It took just one listen to fall in love with the soundtrack for me, I'm actually afraid to see the movie and have the songs remind me of certain parts of it if I don't like it.

• 3 weeks later...

well knowing my luck, i'll get notification next month

My Drive Soundtrack arrived without notification and my Taylor - Watchmen print was marked as shipped a few days ago with no notification.  Just go on your Mondo account and view your order history.  You'll find the real status there.

I got my shipping notification email yesterday as well.