Joyful Noise Records Appreciation Thread (VIP,FLEXI,AWESOME)

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe this deserves it's own thread, but there's a benefit up for Surfer Blood's Thomas Fedete which features several 1-track lathe Joyful Noise pressings that are 1/1.  The GBV is already up to $131 with 9 days to go.  I weep for the completists.

www.surferblood.com/thomas-auction

Won the benefit auction for The Drums 7" lathe. So fucking happy, this will easily be my most-prized vinyl and it makes it even better than it was for a great cause.

On that note, can anyone recommend any top-notch protection for a 7"?

I would recommend just using a regular white paper sleeve for the lathe and then put that in the clear plastic jacket the lathe comes in. I don't recommend leaving the lathe in the think plastic jacket alone.

I've seen those think plastic jackets leave a weird film on records. The white paper sleeve will protect you from that.

I would recommend just using a regular white paper sleeve for the lathe and then put that in the clear plastic jacket the lathe comes in. I don't recommend leaving the lathe in the think plastic jacket alone.

I've seen those think plastic jackets leave a weird film on records. The white paper sleeve will protect you from that.

Good advice, thanks!

Do you know of any hard protective cases/sleeves? Don't think I've ever seen one. Not a chest, but like an individual.

Good advice, thanks!

Do you know of any hard protective cases/sleeves? Don't think I've ever seen one. Not a chest, but like an individual.

actually no offense but I might stay away from paper sleeves.  maybe do a rice paper sleeve or something.

some paper sleeves might leave light paper scuffs

http://www.sleevecityusa.com/7-Inch-Anti-Static-45-Inner-Sleeve-100-Pack-p/9239.htm

something like that.

actually no offense but I might stay away from paper sleeves. maybe do a rice paper sleeve or something.

http://www.sleevecityusa.com/7-Inch-Anti-Static-45-Inner-Sleeve-100-Pack-p/9239.htm

something like that.

Yeah, that looks good. Just something to separate the plastic lathe from the plastic jacket. Those two plastics together act like a window cling.

actually no offense but I might stay away from paper sleeves.  maybe do a rice paper sleeve or something.

something like that.

Thanks! Since I just needed one I was able to order a single sleeve free sample for $2 ppd.

Test Presses on sale next week via JNR.

MONDAY (flexi and box set):
Arousal
Cloud Nothings
Deefhoof/Celestial Shore 
Dumb Numbers
Goblin Cock
Helvetia
J Fernandez
King Buzzo
Kishi Bashi
Lee Ranaldo