PO: The National "trouble will find me"

Great album after a couple of spins. No trouble with mixed up records here. My local record store hadn't experienced any returned records yet, so it might not have happened to all batches.

Mine came with a numbered tote bag. Not that many to go around it seems. I have no idea if it's exclusive to Scandinavia or Europe, but it

will serve me well in buying groceries from now on.

2e70c400c22311e29e6e22000ae811b0_7.jpg

Now THAT'S a good looking purse!

picked up the standard 2xLP yesterday, it's beautiful.

i love watching those little heads spin on the label while i listen.

this is slowly becoming my favorite album of theirs.

it's hard to top alligator, but also this is a completely different sound.

sad, depressing, etc. but great lyrics.

'if you want to see my cry, play Let It Be, or Nevermind', makes me laugh.

This album has been ruling my life for the past couple of weeks. It's definitely more stripped down than High Violet, but man do these songs get better and better with each listen.

I'd rank this up there with Alligator/Boxer in their catalog, and it has potential to top all of them. Right now I'd rank them like this:

1. Boxer

2. Trouble Will Find Me

3. Alligator

4. High Violet

5. Sad Songs for Dirty Lovers

6. The National

But seriously, this band has been on SUCH a roll since Alligator. 

Cannot wait for them to come through my area on their tour. It's a shame they will only be in town in a festival setting, so we don't get a full set. They are one of the best bands touring right now, as their live show is a completely different experience from their records.

Fantastic album... It's impossible for me to really rank Alligator/Boxer/HV as they're ALL my favorite National record at different times. But this one is certainly in the mix.

Also, nice to see the up-tempo tracks and (very) dark humor return. Funniest line: "When I walk into a room, I do not light it up/ Fuck."

Yeah, Alligator, Boxer and Trouble Will Find Me are all like 1a, 1b and 1c. I go through different phases of preferring one over another but that all depends on mood, season, lunar phase, alignment of Jupiter's moons, etc. All of them are excellent.

I quite like High Violet as well, but its a step below the other three (IMHO because I know it has lots of fans too) and the first two being a big step below that.

EDIT: in response to allmightyseancore

Not drawing a legitimate correlation, but the guitar line in I Need My Girl bears a strong resemblance to Sufjan's Age of Adz.

There is a direct correlation, the Dressner brothers played the acoustic guitar on the last section of "Impossible Soul", which is the part "I Need My Girl" closely resembles.

of Bryce Dressner playing it with Sufjan live.

There is a direct correlation, the Dressner brothers played the acoustic guitar on the last section of "Impossible Soul", which is the part "I Need My Girl" closely resembles.

of Bryce Dressner playing it with Sufjan live.

Here I was, regretfully thinking that I would go an entire Sunday without having my mind blown.  Thanks a ton for the tidbit, and the bump.

• 2 weeks later...