Start a new collective?

107 members have voted

1. 1. should we start the collective back up?

• yes
    • no

Because not a ton of collectors have 5-10K laying around to start a record label.

True. I would like to one day start a record label I guess is why I'm asking. I'm sure I'll get caught up in the joys of marriage, children and home ownership before I ever do. Besides, as much as I love music I wouldn't want to make a bad name or reputation for myself somehow by not knowing how the music business works. I'll just stick to what I know and let records just be something I love.

I wasn't trying to inch this thread closer to no in fact I like the idea I just had some questions about it.

does the title of this thread bother anyone else? isn't this already "vinyl collective"?

It doesn't bother me, but yeah, the thread's title seems wrong. Before reading the thread, I figured somebody wanted to start a new message board. It was the Vinyl Collective co-op. Vinyl Collective was around before anything co-op related ever occurred.

54.88% can win the election, boys and girls.

IT'S OFFICIAL

If you are interested in joining the next VC co-op label, you have come to the right place.  My name is Jacob Raccuia, and I am graduating from the GWU School of Business with a masters in BADM.  I am more than qualified to run this co-op, and I assure you only the finest, highest quality, 180 gram records will be pressed.  If you would like a limited, hand-numbered copy of the first co-op release, you will need to make the first required pre-order donation this week.

What a $30 pre-order donation will get you:

• voting rights when choosing the first album ( and assuming this is a success.. future votes )
  • a say in the design AND color of the record sleeve / record
  • a copy of the pressed record, hand-numbered
  • a chance to WIN one of the /5 test presses.  This is ebay gold, boys and girls, ebay gold.
  • 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE.  Just kidding, it's a donation.  But really, if you are unsatisfied, please let me know!

Say no more!  Please make all donations as a gift to [email protected] via paypal.  Checks and cash will not be accepted, as you will not be able to open a paypal dispute should I prove to be crooked.

Thank you, and I hope you are as excited as I am!

All questions and comments should be directed to Virgil, as he has agreed to help out.

Thanks again,

Jacob

54.88% can win the election, boys and girls.

IT'S OFFICIAL

If you are interested in joining the next VC co-op label, you have come to the right place.  My name is Jacob Raccuia, and I am graduating from the GWU School of Business with a masters in BADM.  I am more than qualified to run this co-op, and I assure you only the finest, highest quality, 180 gram records will be pressed.  If you would like a limited, hand-numbered copy of the first co-op release, you will need to make the first required pre-order donation this week.

What a $30 pre-order donation will get you:

• voting rights when choosing the first album ( and assuming this is a success.. future votes )
  • a say in the design AND color of the record sleeve / record
  • a copy of the pressed record, hand-numbered
  • a chance to WIN one of the /5 test presses.  This is ebay gold, boys and girls, ebay gold.
  • 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE.  Just kidding, it's a donation.  But really, if you are unsatisfied, please let me know!

Say no more!  Please make all donations as a gift to [email protected] via paypal.  Checks and cash will not be accepted, as you will not be able to open a paypal dispute should I prove to be crooked.

Thank you, and I hope you are as excited as I am!

All questions and comments should be directed to Virgil, as he has agreed to help out.

Thanks again,

Jacob

is this for real for real?