Remember when this forum was fun & friendly?

I wish people would say "couldn't give two fucks" when that's what they actually mean. I couldn't give two fucks what they do beyond that. ;)

Seriously, saying you *could* give two fucks means you do actually give a damn, just like when someone says "I could care less", meaning you actually could a care a bit less, thus implying you do care.

Just sayin'... ;)

SHUT UP, NERD.

YOU'RE SO BAD RAD!

Thanks! :);):P:o:)

I wish people would say "couldn't give two fucks" when that's what they actually mean. I couldn't give two fucks what they do beyond that. ;)

Seriously, saying you *could* give two fucks means you do actually give a damn, just like when someone says "I could care less", meaning you actually could a care a bit less, thus implying you do care.

Just sayin'... ;)

Edit: http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/video/2010/may/20/language-usa

I could give two fucks about this. 

But I don't. 

Guest realtalk

ok, we get it rad.  

wouldn't repeated unprovoked attacks result in a warning point?  

one would think so... 

;)

ok, we get it rad.  

wouldn't repeated unprovoked attacks result in a warning point?  

one would think so... 

;)

YEAH, LIKE, WHATEVER, MAN.

Rad for mod, 2014?

THROW YOUR CLOCKS AWAY, THE TIME IS NOW.

Seriously though.

"Could" implies that it is theoretically possible that I give some fucks, but doesn't make whether or not said fucks are actually given explicit*. So couldn't that usage still be technically correct, even in instances where no fucks are actually given?

*H/T to Bob Loblaw

i let the bitch fly sometimes. especially in the sales forum. eh. i do it when it seems fit.

sorry guise, flippers that offend my sense of morality are gonna get shit from me. See the example Brock mentioned earlier.

I've never seen you unnecessarily let the "bitch fly."

go Rad, go!

how about the return of VC member of the month (or was it week?). once upon a time, it was somewhat "fun & friendly"....

being on board for a few years now, i find more postings these days regarding monetary value/capital gain of records and an abundance of dehumanizing, discriminating, and censuring comments, which i absolutely detest. one voices their thoughts, which is then placed under lock and key? a police state, a gated community, craving some law and enforcement? you can keep your social regulations and shove them out the door. so what if someone made a malicious remark? ...it's nothing. move on, fuck the comments. 

Cringing at this "eye for an eye" etiquette, however, this is the Vinyl Collective Message Boardyou're entitled to your own opinion. 

Guest realtalk

Seriously though.

"Could" implies that it is theoretically possible that I give some fucks, but doesn't make whether or not said fucks are actually given explicit*. So couldn't that usage still be technically correct, even in instances where no fucks are actually given?

*H/T to Bob Loblaw

Say it like this:   nun fucks given.

Seriously though.

*H/T to Bob Loblaw

It certainly works more for your statement than it does for "could care less".

Anyway, I'm new to this board and it seems pretty friendly. I've only seen noob bashing when stupidly obvious frequently asked questions are posted. The rest of the internet are, in general, much bigger dicks.

I missed this thread before it became a joke to everyone, but I totally agree with the OP.  

I was just thinking this the other day in that thread "where do you buy your hard to find vinyl".  The first half a page of responses were people's failed attempts at being witty and leaving negative comments.  To me, those replies are way more annoying than a topic you don't care about.  I didn't call anyone out because I just see that as feeding the fire, and I'm not a negative person.

So I definitely see why Flood brought it up, but nothing will change.  Even this thread went downhill and the people who do admit to being the problem all say they're going to keep doing it.