Alright, what do we have to do to get The Moon Is Down (Further Seems Forever) repressed?

Does anybody know if we can start a pledge/petition online to send to Tooth and Nail records to show them there is a solid backing towards this getting a repress? The original run goes in excess of $100 anymore and this is an essential album. It's been over 10 years since they released it, so what's up T&N?

Why then, would Capitol/EMI not be willing to license the material?

Because now licensing will go through the same system as people who are licensing Coldplay, the Beastie Boys, Sinatra, Pink Floyd, etc. Unless you've got a ton of money/connections, a request for 500-1000 vinyl copies of a release that sold a couple thousand CDs back in the day is a waste of their time, they're busy licensing out Beach Boys songs to movie studios for 5-6 figures.

For anyone who, like me, had no idea about the EMI deal:

http://www.billboard.com/biz/articles/news/indies/1551725/capitol-christian-music-group-completes-acquisition-of-tooth-nails

Sounds like a bummer from a back-catalog perspective. All the great smaller releases are completely toast. I suppose this means I'll eventually have to bite the $50+ bullet to own any of Starflyer 59's early albums, and Discover America's Psychology will be CD-only forever. And the Solid State acquisition is a little puzzling - aside from Underoath and August Burns Red (and maybe Demon Hunter?), are there any moneymakers in that catalog? I'm guessing it was a wholesale acquisition just to acquire the big tentpole artists - Jeremy Camp, MxPx, Underoath, etc. whereas stuff like Roadside Monument will maybe stay on Spotify if we're lucky. Capitalism strikes again.

But good for Ebel for trying for a fresh start. A lot of garbage has come out of T&N in the last few years, and now that he's got some walking around money maybe they'll get back to their roots and actually take a chance on some "too Christian for the alternative crowd, too alternative for the Christian crowd" artists.

Also, this seems like a good opportunity to plug the Tooth & Nail vinyl info spreadsheet created by myself and Kriss Stress

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AnmLSnOP01Z0dEoySTV1UzhJV1J0RmJENnU4M0lDcHc&output=html

I'm about to update it with links to buy in-print releases, I'd snatch anything you're interested in as it's unlikely anything will be repressed.