PO: A Great Big Pile Of Leaves - You're Always On My Mind

That's fuckin dope. Last song was awesome how the whole crowd jumped on stage and it was only the drummer who could play but it was all smiles from the band. It was def something I'll remember for a long time

The whole show, they seemed so happy and genuinely shocked at the turnout/reaction from the crazy crowd. They even laughed off the girl who kept coming up on stage in attempts to seduce them....which was kinda awful.

The whole show, they seemed so happy and genuinely shocked at the turnout/reaction from the crazy crowd. They even laughed off the girl who kept coming up on stage in attempts to seduce them....which was kinda awful.

haha yeah that was pretty funny. I was up towards the front for the first half of the show but had to retreat. there were too many wasted girls  who were too unpredictable with their movements.

I really wanted to like this more, but the songs are just kinda stupid. Twenty-somethings singing about a slumber party? Cmon... 

A lot of your lyrics are ostensibly playful and straightforward but definitely seem like they may have some metaphors weaved throughout (“Pet Mouse” / “Slumber Party” for example) – maybe with more esoteric, inside jokes. How would you describe the writing process when it comes to the lyrical content, and would you say there’s more meaning to the words than there may initially appear to be?

Tucker: Pete LOVES to be vague about this. Even I know virtually nothing about the real meaning of the lyrics, and I’m totally happy with that. Lyrics need to be taken for what they are. Like all communication, filled with references and metaphors, different levels of meaning and intention. If there are inside jokes, I’m on the outside with everybody else. I have my own relationship with the lyrics.

Pete: Also true. 

http://www.underthegunreview.net/2013/06/26/utg-interview-a-great-big-pile-of-leaves/

IDK, just sayin'.

I really wanted to like this more, but the songs are just kinda stupid. Twenty-somethings singing about a slumber party? Cmon...

I enjoy the lighthearted lyrical content, but the low monotonous singing throughout the ENTIRE album with zero variation just drags it down to a very dull level. I've listened to this album several times with the hopes of it growing on me but I find myself tuning it out more and more with each listen.

My most disappointing album of the year so far.

That girl was really fucking annoying. Her and her friends were standing in front of me and my buddy during HBSB and they knocked into him pretty hard and almost made him spill his beer on himself, and then minutes later they spilled a beer all over the floor right in front of us, so clearly she or all three of them were wasted. The guy she seemed to be with might have even been the asshole who started or got into the fight that occurred. Not sure. The fact that a fight broke out during the show, and worst of all during my favorite song (Ambervision), was really fucking lame. I'm glad Pete stopped the song and security got over pretty quickly. Pete was like hey, if he's being an asshole get him the fuck out of here, and everyone cheered. They started the song over as I expected they would, so that made it all better. :D

I have video of Ambervision and Pizzanomics that I'll post here soon.

That girl was really fucking annoying. Her and her friends were standing in front of me and my buddy during HBSB and they knocked into him pretty hard and almost made him spill his beer on himself, and then minutes later they spilled a beer all over the floor right in front of us, so clearly she or all three of them were wasted. The guy she seemed to be with might have even been the asshole who started or got into the fight that occurred. Not sure. The fact that a fight broke out during the show, and worst of all during my favorite song (Ambervision), was really fucking lame. I'm glad Pete stopped the song and security got over pretty quickly. Pete was like hey, if he's being an asshole get him the fuck out of here, and everyone cheered. They started the song over as I expected they would, so that made it all better. :D

I have video of Ambervision and Pizzanomics that I'll post here soon.

Im pretty sure it was matt that said told the kid to get the fuck out of there ;)

Here's a couple videos I took at the record release show. These are just AGBPOL videos, but there's also a HBSB video on my youtube channel if you want to check that out as well.

Damn nice spot bro! I was in your area, behind the dude with the horse mask, unless that was you, then dude you need to shower more than once a week.

Damn nice spot bro! I was in your area, behind the dude with the horse mask, unless that was you, then dude you need to shower more than once a week.

HAHA! I was standing right there as well, that dude was so annoying he kept crowd surfing and then coming back to where I was standing expecting to get his spot back. Glad the crowd went crazy for the band, but some of the attendees were super annoying as we've mentioned above haha..