Boston Marathon Explosions

Yes madie I have, and it sucks, but I'll joke about it to make myself smile.

My public apology :

Yeah my joke was distasteful, and rude, but it was just comedy and I was just trying to make people laugh. To me, we as humans need to be able to look back, on tragedies such as today, 9/11, Sandy Hook, batman, and the Holocaust and laugh because you know what IT FUCKING SUCKS. So I'm sorry if I was trying to make it suck less and get a chuck out of you BECAUSE 2 PEOPLE DIED TODAY AND MORE THAN 50 ARE IN THE HOSPITAL. I'm not at one bit happy about this situation  not one bit, but I made myself laugh with that joke, and that what I was trying to do with you and with others, because why should this be sad, sad sad, why can't we just laugh a little. I wasn't trying to make the deaths less important or less serious. I was just trying to make you smile for a minute or two, before you realize how shitty the planet we call home is again and laughter is the best medicine. So again I'm sorry for making a joke at the expense of others, because yeah it sucks.

1) I know it's the internet but seriously proofread your shit.

2) That is one seriously messed up way of coping with anything in your life. If your mother died would you make the same type of joke? 

3) If you decide that is the way you want to cope do it privately, not on an internet forum.

4) I'm not even sure you're actually sorry or if you're apologizing just to try and save face with some people.

5) I still can't stand you and I can't wait for the day you move on to the next trend at your high school.

still haven't heard from molly.

Relatives of people who may be missing in the area can call the mayor's hotline at 617-635-4500. I'm not sure what else there is to, but worth a shot man.

"Doctors are "pulling ball bearings out of people in the emergency room," a terrorism expert briefed on the investigation told CNN's Deborah Feyerick. The same source said the blasts resulted in at least 10 lost limbs." 

i've held back so many comments in response to stupid shit people say on this forum, but teenage eric, that was such a fucking mindless and unacceptable comment. say that in person next time. toothless teenager eric.

Edited by henster311

This may seem like a small thing or something you can joke about since it's "only" 2 deaths while more than that are murdered daily. But on a happy, large occasion with people from everywhere attending a bomb going off and hurting many is a serious, scary event. Especially when it is a hard thing to know if anyone you are close with has been injured. This is such a terrible thing, if somebody in America committed this crime I will be extremely disturbed, it's Patriot's Day for god sakes.

Reading that just now had me in tears. It's the perseverance and positivity that comes through in times like this makes me be less misanthropic than I usually am.

I wish darkness wasn't needed to expose the light of humanity.

It isn't. It just shines a spotlight on it. See the push to give blood as an example. People give blood everyday, however. The blood that the first people to be transported to the hospital received was collected over the last couple days without anyone knowing where it was going.

1) I know it's the internet but seriously proofread your shit.

2) That is one seriously messed up way of coping with anything in your life. If your mother died would you make the same type of joke? 

3) If you decide that is the way you want to cope do it privately, not on an internet forum.

4) I'm not even sure you're actually sorry or if you're apologizing just to try and save face with some people.

5) I still can't stand you and I can't wait for the day you move on to the next trend at your high school.

That's the way I cope, it's just me I'm a fucked up kid I'm sorry my life has made me that way.

If my mom died I would make jokes just the same, I'm sorry it's just me.

and if it makes you feel better I'm getting death threats on my tumblr blog now.

But, now this thread is about me so I'm gone.

Yes madie I have, and it sucks, but I'll joke about it to make myself smile.

My public apology :

Yeah my joke was distasteful, and rude, but it was just comedy and I was just trying to make people laugh. To me, we as humans need to be able to look back, on tragedies such as today, 9/11, Sandy Hook, batman, and the Holocaust and laugh because you know what IT FUCKING SUCKS. So I'm sorry if I was trying to make it suck less and get a chuck out of you BECAUSE 2 PEOPLE DIED TODAY AND MORE THAN 50 ARE IN THE HOSPITAL. I'm not at one bit happy about this situation  not one bit, but I made myself laugh with that joke, and that what I was trying to do with you and with others, because why should this be sad, sad sad, why can't we just laugh a little. I wasn't trying to make the deaths less important or less serious. I was just trying to make you smile for a minute or two, before you realize how shitty the planet we call home is again. So again I'm sorry for making a joke at the expense of others, because yeah it sucks.

my two cents: there's a time and a place for tasteless jokes, but a thread where people have been saying ~sad/emotional things for a few pages just hours after something happened isn't it.  or, more concisely, "know your audience".  also, if you're going to make tasteless jokes, limit yourself to one per incident.  the lolz:joke ratio goes downhill pretty fast, so pick your favorite pun and stick with it.

as for the bomb thing itself, I'm curious what the end goal of this was supposed to be.  I mean, why there?  there's surely "better" places if you're just wanting to maximize casualties, and it's not like today's the only day there will be a big crowd of people in boston.  anyhoo, I hope the numbers don't increase too much, because stuff like this is just stupid and pointless.

as for the bomb thing itself, I'm curious what the end goal of this was supposed to be.  I mean, why there?  there's surely "better" places if you're just wanting to maximize casualties, and it's not like today's the only day there will be a big crowd of people in boston. 

I just read that the final mile of the marathon, where the bombs went off, was dedicated to the victims of the Sandy Hook Elementary shootings. Could be a correlation there.

as for the bomb thing itself, I'm curious what the end goal of this was supposed to be.  I mean, why there?  there's surely "better" places if you're just wanting to maximize casualties, and it's not like today's the only day there will be a big crowd of people in boston.  anyhoo, I hope the numbers don't increase too much, because stuff like this is just stupid and pointless.

It definitely "feels" amateur. I mean, Al Qaeda probably would have run a suicide bomber into the crowd at the starting line. Probably wouldn't have been left with multiple unexploded devices. And by now, they would have claimed ownership of the act.

Still might be middle east related, but maybe just an individual or two taking things into their own hands.

But I could be completely off. I'm just speculating. 

as for the bomb thing itself, I'm curious what the end goal of this was supposed to be. I mean, why there? there's surely "better" places if you're just wanting to maximize casualties, and it's not like today's the only day there will be a big crowd of people in boston. anyhoo, I hope the numbers don't increase too much, because stuff like this is just stupid and pointless.

It's patriots day. It marks the beggining of the Revolutionary war which of course was for united states independence.

It's patriots day. It marks the beggining of the Revolutionary war which of course was for united states independence.

I'm not sure a holiday I've never heard of that you have to explain the significance of to me would be a "target". I (now) know the Boston Marathon is tied to the day but I'm guessing that if Patriot's day was today and the marathon was tomorrow, the bombs would not have gone off today. The marathon was the target, no the holiday.

Again, just my guess, though. I could be 100% wrong.

This was well orchestrated. 

This is one of the biggest days of the year in Boston. For instance the Red Sox play at 11am on the day of the Marathon so that the fans coming out of Fenway can crowd the finish line. They were set off at the finish where it would be broadcast live. The first had a pause before the second which is a signature move so that people who run towards the first blast will get hit by the second. 

This is a miserable day. My cab driver tonight tried to make a joke that I had to ask him to stop. 

This is one of the biggest days of the year in Boston. For instance the Red Sox play at 11am on the day of the Marathon so that the fans coming out of Fenway can crowd the finish line. They were set off at the finish where it would be broadcast live. The first had a pause before the second which is a signature move so that people who run towards the first blast will get hit by the second. 

This is a miserable day. My cab driver tonight tried to make a joke that I had to ask him to stop. 

Or they were detonated with cell phones so whoever did it made a call, hung up, and then called the second phone, creating the pause.

Both scenarios equally plausible.

I agree with this. At the same time, it was sort of "amateur". Seeing as a third bomb was found undetonated as well. Horrible that so many people were injured, and worse that two (now it is three)were killed. It could have been a lot worse though. 

As for the heroes, if you've seen the picture of the guy in the wheelchair with his leg/s blown off, you'll notice the man on his right is pinching his artery, I believe, to most likely stop some of the bleeding. 

from the CNN live blog

[update, 8:36 p.m. ET] Investigators have warned law enforcement officers to be on the lookout for a "darker-skinned or black male" with a possible foreign accent in connection with Monday's bombings at the Boston Marathon, according to a law enforcement advisory obtained by CNN.

The man was seen with a black backpack and sweatshirt and was trying to get into a restricted area about five minutes before the first explosion, the lookout notice states.

Update, 8:55 p.m. ET] A Saudi national with a leg wound was under guard at a Boston hospital in connection with the bombings at the Boston Marathon, but investigators cannot say he is involved at this time and he is not in custody, a law enforcement official said Monday evening.

Its so devastating. I don't really have any other words to apply to it.

If I were told a terrorist plot was succesfull, I would be fearful that thousands of lives were lost. Thank god the number is so much smaller. Of course, that's no comfort to those that lost loved ones, or those that lost limbs, or those that had to be on hand during the ordeal. My absolute best thoughts are for them to get trough this.

It just makes me so sick. I don't know. The people that execute mass shootings are so mentally unstable and insane. Terrorist attacks are just completely rooted in evil.