Boston Marathon Explosions

Yes it's sad that I've come to the point of when something like this happening have the oh again attitude. It's not that I don't care these people are hurt its just that this has somewhat become the norm.

It's sucks more when I have a 12 year old asking me why does this happen and all can seriously tell her are that people are just to stupid now days.

Yes it's sad that I've come to the point of when something like this happening have the oh again attitude. It's not that I don't care these people are hurt its just that this has somewhat become the norm.

It's sucks more when I have a 12 year old asking me why does this happen and all can seriously tell her are that people are just to stupid now days.

agreed.  explaining the horrors of the world to a child must be such a dreadful thing to have to do.

Pretty much the way I feel (others have said similar things). I pretty much just want to know who actually did this and then I'll probably quit following. Don't mean to be insensitive but it's the truth.

Pretty much the way I feel (others have said similar things). I pretty much just want to know who actually did this and then I'll probably quit following. Don't mean to be insensitive but it's the truth.

your only other option is to keep yourself glued to the news that only gets worse.

So folks, who thinks it's a nutcase american similar to Sandy Hook, and who thinks it is a terrorism attack similar to 9/11?

Honestly I don't care, What I know is that during 9/11 My dad was working in NYC. During Sandy Hook, I had a lot of friends with kids in the area since i used to live about 10 miles from there, and now tihe Boston, I have way too many old High School friends and people I love in the area. 

So far no one has been physically affected by any all of these. I really don't care what the case of any of these incidents were, however it's sickening. It's sickening to hear about it and know that you are too far away to do anything and/or offer any help other than a sympathetic ear/shoulder. Shit needs to stop. At the risk of sounding like a hippy, people really need to learn that we are all human and none of us have ever done anything to ever deserve anything this horrific. 

I'm honestly worried about future nationally recognized events as being targets, including the America's Cup that will be happening here. I don't want to have to worry about it. No one should ever have to worry about it. It fucking sucks. 

Just the other night I was in Atlanta for the Final Four, went to the fanfest concert series and was thinking how lenient the security was. I kid you not I could walk in there with a backpack, suitcase, or whatever and would have not been searched. In fact I thought it was odd that they didn't search my backpack or my girlfriends purse. On Sunday they had Sting and The Dave Matthews band performing to a max capacity crowd of 50,000 fans in Centennial Olympic. Nothing happened of course, but I do believe this is a wake up call to Homeland Security to not layoff.

I'm heading to the Kentucky Derby and it does kinda make me a little nervous. 

Yeah, any event with tens of thousands of people is going to be a bullseye for terrorists. But at least with stadium events, you have an added level of security as people are searched coming into the event. That's not to say something elaborate couldn't be planned or they are 100% safe, but at least there is an added layer of security.

These "wide-open" events -- marathons, the derby, Mardi Gras, etc...still have the target but don't have that layer of protection.

Not going to skip the derby (there would have to be a significant threat of terrorism for me to change my life, not "anything can happen") but it does make me a tiny bit nervous.

I was at the Boston garden just a week ago, and the level of security was a joke. They checked our tickets, and that was it. No frisk, no one checked my friends bag, nothing.