Eisley - Currents LP

• 3 weeks later...

looks like the kickstarter failed yesterday. 

thank god.  i've never listened to this band, and never plan to after seeing a kickstarter asking for fans to give them $100,000, so they can tour.  Get a fucking job work your ass off for 10 months and then tour for 2 months like every other band in the world.

I like this band but I'm losing interest quickly after that Kickstarter. Who are the kidding with that crap? It's not like they're playing free shows at churches (even if they are a bunch of religious cult goofs) and homeless shelters. They're playing huge shows in every city. They're getting paid plenty and they're selling a lot of merch on a daily basis. How did they tour BEFORE Kickstarter? Well, looks like it'll be the same way this time around. Idiots. 

Um, they didn't have new born children.  Thats what this is for, they all just had babies.  Not too many bands tour with infants...

Hmm, maybe they should be staying at home with their newborn babies instead of touring. Maybe they shouldn't have all gotten pregnant at the same time like a bunch of cult weirdos. Then the grandparents could watch one kid for 2 months instead of 5. 

Um, they didn't have new born children.  Thats what this is for, they all just had babies.  Not too many bands tour with infants...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.   ill never get over how much of a joke/scam this kickstarter was.  if you want to be a full time touring band dont have a bunch of kids then, according to you, ask for $100,000 to cover baby costs.  

get a fucking job that can pay for you to tour, or don't tour.

/thread

The Kickstarter failed, so it's a moot point. I thought it was for the Say Anything tour, but whatever. It's idiotic either way and I'm glad there was only $60,000 worth of idiots out there willing to fund it. Frankly I'm surprised they didn't put up the other 40K themselves.

I am going to go out of my way to download this record instead of buying it. $18 single disc LP plus $8 shipping should be illegal. Especially when asking for $100K besides that. 

The Kickstarter failed, so it's a moot point. I thought it was for the Say Anything tour, but whatever. It's idiotic either way and I'm glad there was only $60,000 worth of idiots out there willing to fund it. Frankly I'm surprised they didn't put up the other 40K themselves.

I am going to go out of my way to download this record instead of buying it. $18 single disc LP plus $8 shipping should be illegal. Especially when asking for $100K besides that.

Totally agree. I was thinking about buying it on tour if they have it by then, but I really don't want to support their arrogance.

They released a statement about the whole Kickstarter. Maybe I'm just salty at the fact that they did the Kickstarter and asked for $100k but after reading the statement, I'm pissed. What really gets me is one of the last paragraphs. Just from reading it alone, to me it seemed like the option of asking family and the label for money was always on the table. As to why they didn't just got with that to begin with, I don't know. 

On that note, this tour is happening. We’re excited about it and hope you guys are too. Just to be transparent, to insure it could happen we ended up having to borrow $ from family for a good chunk of it and our label is lending us money against future royalties for the rest. Both are painful. That’s the reality of Eisley doing support tours. Headlining tours are a little easier financially but in any case, our nursing babies are too little to leave at home and it would be insanely wrong and dangerous to try to tour with 3 or 4 tiny babies in a van. We have to be in a bigger, safer, vehicle which costs between 15 - 20k (before fuel, driver, etc.). 

Also, I'd like to add this here because I feel like it sums up the whole argument into one nicely written response

And just to weigh in again, politely, I think most people understand that touring is how bands make money.

What Eisley is asking is to be paid up front to go on tour and then be paid again via ticket sales/merch sales/tips, etc.

Although I believe one of the rewards for donating to the kickstarter was a ticket to a show of their choice and/or some merch, the donations certainly would not comprise of all the tickets needed to be sold, so any additional ticket sales from non-kickstarter-participants would have been essentially “free money” for something they have already been paid to do. 

Lets be honest anyone with a kid(S) They should not be on tour at ALL. In a van, in a bus, on a train, in a plane no I dont see a baby on tour today.

I mean fuck kid gets sick or a fever on tour while mom is on stage and they would need to get the kid to a hospital in a strange town this sounds like a huge cluster fuck of a idea. I say they need a few years off but they are too pig headed to do so.