The first openly homosexual athlete in a major American team sport.

Its always kinda blown my mind that people are so adamantly supportive of a lifestyle where the people who participate are 18 times more likely to spread HIV. Being an African American, those chances increase.

Whatever helps you sleep at night. 

http://health.usnews.com/health-news/news/articles/2012/07/20/biology-leaves-gay-men-highly-vulnerable-to-hiv-study

How did teenageeric get back in?

So you're supportive of horse fuckers?

Cause if not, that makes you a bigot. 

yes, because that's exactly the same thing as 2 consenting adults.

thank you for confirming my suspicions that are also one of those people who are against gay marriage because then it will open up for someone to marry their dog or a lamp.

you can hide behind a medical fear & completely unrelated things like bestiality all you want, but that doesn't change the fact that you are definitely a asshole.

Its always kinda blown my mind that people are so adamantly supportive of a lifestyle where the people who participate are 18 times more likely to spread HIV. Being an African American, those chances increase.

If-obvious-troll-is-obvious-then-is-obvi

Wasn't there a kicker in the NFL that came out a few years back? This is still good news but I feel like it's being hyped the wrong way.

Edit - Chris Kluwe, I thought so. Does he not count or is the headline just too good to be correct?

kluwe isn't gay (or at least isn't out), he's just outspoken for gay rights

Not that it doesn't count, just when you look at what's considered a major sport the WNBA doesn't really meet the criteria

this, plus part of our society thinks "two girls" = "hot" and "two guys" = "gross"

Are you a part of that population where HIV is 18 times more likely to be spread? No? Then why do you care? Why does it concern you what two consenting adults do in the bedroom? (or anywhere else for that matter?) 

I mean, I guess if you're going around the gay clubs sticking people with hypodermic needles and then shooting up a bit with said needle, I guess it affects you, but unless that is the case, it doesn't involve you. Period. End of discussion.

And police officers are more likely to get injured or die in their line of work than school janitors.  Should we discriminate against police officers because they are part of a risky profession?

http://health.usnews.com/health-news/news/articles/2012/07/20/biology-leaves-gay-men-highly-vulnerable-to-hiv-study

Wouldn't lifestyle have more to do with it than color of skin and sexual orientation? He's not in poverty and he's not with multiple unprotected partners. He's a rich man who has been gay his entire life, been famous half of his life, and no one even knew he was gay until today.

Education and safe practice, or lack thereof, is what skew those statistics.

Just because he's gay doesn't mean he's gonna fuck anybody willing to so the risk isn't that scary. And if he's in a committed relationship maybe his partner would tell him instead of giving him the disease? Eh let's be safe and fuck a horse.

Well then they should just decide not to be gay right?   <_<

A statement from President Clinton

I have known Jason Collins since he was Chelsea's classmate and friend at Stanford. Jason's announcement today is an important moment for professional sports and in the history of the LGBT community. It is also the straightforward statement of a good man who wants no more than what so many of us seek: to be able to be who we are; to do our work; to build families and to contribute to our communities. For so many members of the LGBT community, these simple goals remain elusive. I hope that everyone, particularly Jason's colleagues in the NBA, the media and his many fans extend to him their support and the respect he has earned.

http://www.clintonfoundation.org/main/news-and-media/press-releases-and-statements/statement-by-president-bill-clinton-on-jason-collins.html

Do you know how aids works?

Wouldn't the lifestyle in question be having multiple partners, not using protection, and not getting tested. Not solely having male on male anal intercourse. Also, being African American doesn't increase your ability to get aids. It might increase the likelihood that you with have sex with another black man, but it doesn't make you more susceptible to aids.

For all I know this dude enjoys dry humping white males with wearing a condom just in case.

My two cents:

Chris Kluwe isn't gay, he has a wife and kids.. He's just a big supporter of gay rights.

Being gay isn't a choice, if it was, then being straight would also be a choice. And do you really think people would choose to be gay with the way society is?

This isn't really an active athlete if he is a free agent.

People need to accept each other, stories like this shouldn't be such a big deal.