Kanye West -Yeezus

I'm marginally disappointed in this, and the state of music in general.

Trolling much?  I'm not sure why you'd check this release out to begin with, if you weren't into relevant or modern releases.  Yeezus won't be the AOTY for me, by any means.  But to say that the general state of music is marginally disappointing... is a little outlandish, yeah?

Trolling much? I'm not sure why you'd check this release out to begin with, if you weren't into relevant or modern releases. Yeezus won't be the AOTY for me, by any means. But to say that the general state of music is marginally disappointing... is a little outlandish, yeah?

I'm not trolling. I added a little bit after you commented. I just don't get why this music is popular. I'm a fan of his past work.

Flame on.

I'm not trolling. I added a little bit after you commented. I just don't get why this music is popular. I'm a fan of his past work.

I think it's because it's Kanye West.  I can't speak for everyone, but a huge percentage of Kanye fans will gobble up anything he releases.  Kanye is in.  Hip-hop is in, commercially, hence the popularity.  Kanye is hardly the pinnacle of modern-day music... but as far as what appeals to the masses, I'd say he's up there.  And if you'd be pompous enough to suggest that the commercial, general population has a weak taste in music... I'm right there with you.

Guest realtalk

I'm marginally disappointed in this, and the state of music in general. This may be the "apex of culture" but if it is we're going the wrong way.

I quite appreciated the intelligent comment.  Thank you.

Gotta find this rip now...

based on live performances, i was really worried that this album was going to be extremely abrasive and too experimental for my tastes. but once everything is cleaned up in production, it all comes together really well.

but seriously- i believe that this was the greatest breakup letter of all time. the entire album, he's rapping about bitches on the side.

his arrogance and braggadocio are unrivaled. i've never heard that in music before, and he knows it. he aspires to be the absolute best at everything he does, and the first to do so if possible. 

he basically has the mentality of "thou shall not use kanye's name in vein". no one's ever had the ability to 1) attempt that 2) achieve that 3)get away with that.

"EATIN' ASIAN PUSSY, ALL I NEED IS SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE"

and just because

cruel summer<college dropout<watch the throne<late registration<808's<graduation<mbdtf

yeezus unrated, because that's not fair yet