Kanye West -Yeezus

I'm liking this album a lot too in general. The highlights are some of the best songs in his whole catalog (Black Skinhead, Bound 2, Blood on the Leaves), but a couple joints really drag it down (Guilt Trip especially). Production-wise this is about the most adventurous he's used, but lyrically he's taken a step back from MBDTF. He's always due for a corny line or two (and that sorta makes him endearing in a weird way), but he has especially cringe-worthy ones this time around (mi casa su casa/la costra nostra). Plus his delivery has gotten a bit less polished since MBDTF -- not as awkward as his first two albums, but man the way he hits the pocket on On Sight and I Am a God reminds me of P-Diddy.

Nitpicky things aside though, Kanye comes with some compelling stuff once again. I wouldn't put this up there with MBDTF or College Dropout, but I'd probably slot it above Late Registration, Graduation and especially 808's. 

apparently, the amazon/iTunes version is different... someone posted this in the reviews:

The biggest difference is on "Send it up" at 1:28 when Kanye says "I might ride around on my bodyguard back like Prince in the club." The iTunes version is different in that the beat cuts off for that entire line, which can be heard on the iTunes sample of the song.

this could be a confirmation that it's coming on clear vinyl.

https://twitter.com/virgilabloh/status/346859389380083712

Hope so.  The digital versions thus far are loud as hell (DR4 for nerds), but that seems to be part of its charm.  Really curious if the LP comes out and if it is noticeably different.

Most notable difference in the CD version is the lossy master of "Hold My Liquor." I'd steer clear, personally. Best fidelity available so far is the lossless digital from the French retailer Qobuz. I think the same version is available direct from Kanye's site as 320 kbps MP3s and, as has been stated, iTunes.