The Maine - Forever Halloween

Had not seen a post about it yet but there is a vinyl pre-order for this. I was not a fan of their early work but Pioneer was really good (totally different from their old work) and their first new single "Happy" is very much in the same vein.

http://8123.me/themaine/#about-me

2xLP (one orange/one black)

A bit pricey but if it does not sell out and the album is good might be worth picking up.

It drops soon so I will just wait and get it after it releases if I like it but their last album was in this new style they are doing and it was really well done. I did feel there was room for improvement so I am hoping this album is super solid. Last album had straight up good alt rock songs. (A little mellow but not a bad things).

Wow, I'm surprised to see this here. I actually liked their earlier work, but knew it wasn't anything fantastic. I really didn't like Black & White, but Pioneer was actually really surprisingly good. John and the rest of the guys are super cool dudes, from what I've heard over the years and seen in interviews, and John's also apparently a crazy son of a bitch on stage. I'm digging the new song, but I'm gonna hope for a HT of Amazon version. Also, am I the only one seeing a bit of latter The Academy Is... influence in the new song? Just curious.

Pioneer was really good. This band doesn't get nearly enough attention from the non-Warped Tour attendee part of the world. They are incredibly solid.

This album was recorded straight to tape by Brendan Benson, btw. It sounds great sonically.

It really did and what was most impressive is they set out to change their image and sound and managed to really have it work out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I actually want to buy this for a friend's birthday gift. But that shipping is NUTS. But, I might have to bite the bullet if I want to get this for her, since this seems to only be offered through the band's site. Have these even begun shipping out, or are there delays with this release? 

• 2 months later...