Seinfeld vs. Friends // Opinions Wanted

Seinfeld vs. Friends  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the superior show?

• Seinfeld
    • Friends

Please go back and read my OP. All of my questions - even for those willing to go "above and beyond" - pertain to the Seinfeld vs. Friends. I apologize if that was unclear. Yes, I want to hear what you like and dislike about the show(s). No, I do not want to hear what shows you enjoy more. (Actually, I probably would. Just in a separate "Battle of the Sitcoms" thread.)

Wait, Battle of the Sitcoms??!??! News Radio! No derailment intended.

Please go back and read my OP.  All of my questions - even for those willing to go "above and beyond" - pertain to the Seinfeld vs. Friends.  I apologize if that was unclear.  Yes, I want to hear what you like and dislike about the show(s).  No, I do not want to hear what shows you enjoy more.  (Actually, I probably would.  Just in a separate "Battle of the Sitcoms" thread.)  As I stated before, this topic was a no-brainer for me -- and a lot of people.  I only created it to [semi jokingly] prove to a friend that there's no competition between Friends and Seinfeld.  For the most part, you guys have done an amazing job at communicating this, especially with a few gold comments.  I'd say that my work is mostly done at this point... but I'd still enjoy reading a separate thread that encompasses any and all sitcoms.

Oh, I get it, your comment about derailing the thread was about other shows being thrown into the mix. I misread it as that you didn't want discussion about which of the two (in the title) people enjoy more, just which is superior (and it kind of didn't make sense to me because it's almost one and the same). Which was what my reply was about.  :wacko:

Right, of course.  I think my reply was right after yours, which may have suggested I was singling you out.  I thought I had used the term "you guys" [may need to go back and double-check], since I didn't want to be the ass-hat who quoted every post steering the topic away.  But either way... I, as well, get more enjoyment out of shows other than Seinfeld or Friends.  And even if you're indifferent to both, I think that you'd secretly have at least a slight preference... and that's kind of what I'm trying to dig at with the topic.

But now I'm really interested to hear about an AD / CYE / News Radio / Simpsons battle royale.

Simpsons > the rest.

Hell, even some of the new season eps haven't been that bad...different than the golden age stuff, but not that bad.

The thing about Friends is that it had that remembering factor to it.  There was a certain amount of continuity to it.  The same reason why so many people watch US Office, cause it's fun to remember things and then you can talk about it later.  Seinfeld had some continuity, but it was bonefide "show about nothing" so that continuity had no place.  There was no plot, no "I wonder what will happen next".  I voted Seinfeld as the better of the shows (because it is) but it's much more fun to debate the characters of Friends because of the storylines.  A conversation about Seinfeld falls into quotes or Remember That Episode When... before any real conversation gets to start

lol.

in my analogy, the simpsons are bill russell.

I can get behind that. I just never could get into Friends. It would always come on after The Simpsons when I got home from school and it could never keep my attention. Maybe I was too young for it then, but I remember watching Seinfeld around the same timeframe and enjoying that.

"When I answered the phone 'this is chandler bing' all he said was 'whoa, short message'"

I've actually been rewatching the entire friends run with my girlfriend, we just finished season three.

season 3 was the worst if i remember correctly.  well not the whole season, but the whole jealousy thing with ross and mark annoyed the shit out of me.

Yeah its crazy how many people were in random episodes before they were famous.....Jeremy Piven as George, Sarah Silverman was in an episode, That Brad guy from Everybody Loves Raymond as Jerry's mechanic in an episode, probably a ton more I can't think of right now

fuckin' Michael Chiklis.