Death Cab for Cutie - Transatlanticism(Cassette)

Been on a cassette kick recently and discovered this release last week while I was trying to find some relatively "new" cassettes. Was a little hesitant considering the home page on www.skrockirecords.com has not been updated since '09 but I ordered anyways thinking if the tape didn't show I'd file a claim or whatever. A few days later I got an email saying payment received my order had shipped.

Weirdly low key release considering the popularity of DCFC.I asked after the fact and he said it's limited to 1,000 and that he still has copies available. $10 straight up. No mention of shipping on the site.

Originally released in 2004 according to the Barsuk website DCFC discography page. It has fold out art and printed lyrics on the opposite side. Tiny vessels and Transatlanticism are separated from each other like the vinyl version as opposed to the fade in used on the CD.

kFmfo95.jpg

:P

*I know this isn't vinyl. Just thought a few more interested people would see it in the main thread. TANKS

thanks for the post! I like grabbing a tape of something I dont own on wax...or wasnt pressed on wax...considering I have a tape deck under my turntable and through the exact speaker set up! Works well! 

Probably will pass...(maybe)

**and holy shit....just went to the homepage...and they have Harvey Danger - Little by Little LP...love this album thought it was long OOP (and for only $10, with shipping included, they are giving this away!) I should make a thread...

I have a few cassettes of no-LP releases, I like that they're mastered more gently (no hard-limiting/clipping) than their CD counterparts.

So far I have:

Finch Say Hello to Sunshine

Local H As Good As Dead

Far Mother Mary

Chevelle Point #1

Reel Big Fish Turn the Radio Off

I'm currently looking for:

Big Wreck The Pleasure and the Greed

Far Water and Solutions (anyone who finds a copy please PM me)

And there's quite a few others I'd like to buy, but they get so cheap it's better to be patient.  I usually only buy stuff I think will never come to vinyl.

There are 2 versions of Finch's "What It Is To Burn" also. Thailand and Indonesian. I still need to get "Say Hello To Sunshine"

Do either of those include the WiitB demo version?

The "say hello to sunshine" cassette is an Indonesian release. Will pop on eBay every so often. It's legitimate though. Also legitimately fucking cool.

One of us oughta post a good photo of the cassette liner art, it's fucking tight looking.

This guy running this label is going to come back from vacation and be like, Shit all these orders flooding in for this and Harvey Danger!

He should thank VC lol

He pretty much did haha. Acknowledged the orders he had gotten and asked where I referenced his site. He was cool about it.