brianmorgante

Cursive - The Ugly Organ Anniversary Repress / Video Submissions

Anyone else see this? 

http://saddle-creek.com/news/2013/05/calling-all-cursive-fans/

If this is an album that means alot to you, they want you to send in a video telling a story about this album specifically, and if they end up using your clip, they'll give you a free copy of the repress.  Pretty cool!

i remember buying this album on cd the day it came out, and listening to it at the greyhound station waiting on a bus to Philadelphia, and being disappointed that it wasn't as good as domestica.

then i listened to it about 10 more times on the bus ride there, and was in love with it by the time i arrived.

it's still not as good as their first 3 records in my opinion, but it marked a big change in their carrier, and a huge spike in their popularity, so i consider it really important. couldn't say i loved it enough to make a video about it, tho.

if this was for domestica, you'd hear me rant and rave.

I really haven't been THAT impressed with anything cursive has done since this album to be honest, I know I'll get shit for saying that, but oh well. Seeing them live for this tour was out of this world and still one of my top ten shows. Sucks they bailed on the cello and moved on.

Foolz be trippin', Happy Hollow is one of their best albums. Mama, I'm Swollen is great too. Do we have to rank every band's albums on a personal list these days? Seems like anyone who's not on Topshelf and has more than 4 albums out gets this treatment lately.

PS: Gretta Cohn left on her own accord.