Shipping this record

If this is in the wrong forum, go ahead and move it, but I apologize on advance. But I've only shipped records about 3 times and its costed about 3-4 dollars. I just got charged $7.53 to ship a record to someone who I have shipped to before. Did I do something wrong or did the guy at the post office screw up? I'm filming a music video today and just didn't have time to sit there and argue about it, so I just paid it. Thanks for listening and for your responses.

Yeah in my experience you might have to tell them twice. A lot of the new clerks don't know what media mail is.

I've been saving money by shipping Media Mail a lot lately, and when I sent a few things out the other day the manager actually had me open up the package (which was a bitch to pack up) to make sure that I wasn't trying to send anything out that wasn't deemed media by the USPS. Such a pain in the ass.

or try being polite and say hello. then, "i'd like to ship this media mail".

Where I'm from postal workers don't say hello when you walk up, just the standard "anything liquid, fragile, perfume, lithium batteries...". Not sure how simply saying "media mail" comes off as impolite.