Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice - March 25, 2016

TFP

This is what everyone is saying but what if he bombs?

I'm just happy for Margot Robbie as Harley

So am I.

Ledger at least had a decent history as an actor.

Besides Dallas Buyers Club, Leto hasn't had a notable role in almost 15 years.

On the other hand, they obviously did auditions and felt that he could do The Joker and do it right, so I'll definitely give him a fair chance. But I'm still not going to give up on Willem Dafoe as an older Joker, someone better fucking do that before he dies.

This is what everyone is saying but what if he bombs?

I'm just happy for Margot Robbie as Harley

Eh. If he bombs, he bombs. Nobody is expecting much from him anyway, so hopefully people don't get their hopes up too much. I'm sure he'll do at least a decent job, he's not a bad actor by any means.

Yeah, I don't mind Leto (because he has proven himself as an actor) or Hardy (because he's absolutely brilliant and it also almost seems like WB is trying to go out of their way to say "THIS IS NOT THE SAME UNIVERSE AS THE NOLAN BATMAN, WHO'S BANE?").

What I'm worried about is Jai, because he is so mediocre in everything he's in it almost hurts my eyes watching him trying to act but not really. My second concern is Will Smith. He hasn't turned in a solid action performance in over a decade. There's MiB3, but he was pretty much playing Will Smith.

My second concern is Will Smith. He hasn't turned in a solid action performance in over a decade. There's MiB3, but he was pretty much playing Will Smith.

I went straight over to IMDB to prove you wrong but was genuinely surprised at the lack of decent action films he's done recently.

He was alright in I Am Legend back in 07 but yeah that's about it.

Yeah, I also considered I am Legend, but I see it more of a psychological/dramatic performance, which was pretty great. His last real "action star" role was in Bad Boys 2 in 2003, and even there it was much more comedic than what (apparently) WB is going for in their universe. I really hope he can pull it off, but I have my reservations.

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

still looks great. but then again trailers for Zack Snyder movies always look great, regardless of the finished product

super surprised they revealed Doomsday, but it's not a bad idea since everyone who cares already knew he was in it. it helps avoid the whole Khan/Blofeld thing where you try and keep a villain a secret

doomsday looks like shit imo, the rest is great, I feel like im the only one who loves Jessie as Lex

I was super optimistic about it when he was announced...I don't love the direction they went with him though.

Doomsday looks like garbage.

Still not sure why Wonder Woman shows up.