Autographed records?

Got my copy of "More Than Just A Dream" signed by Fitz and The Tantrums at last night's show!

Fitz is really cool!

For Joey Cape he is coming to a small bar (again) called the Tin Roof in Charleston, SC and hopefully Anberlin comes back to Charleston too.

I'm hoping to get ADTR to sign my copy of Common Courtesy when they come in October. Too excited!

Guest jonpasqual

HERES MINE:
IMG_2637.jpg

IMG_2643.jpg

IMG_2645.jpg

IMG_2646.jpg

IMG_2647.jpg

Screen_Shot_2014_07_08_at_6_45_32_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2014_07_08_at_6_45_53_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2014_07_08_at_6_46_01_PM.png

IMG_2644.jpg

My favorite has to be my underoath. Got it signed by the line up that made Define.. (including Aaron) at their last show in NY in early 2013. Waited out in the cold for about an hour. Got the five original members to sign it that night. Then! by fate! Aaron was doing a show with The Almost at this local mexican restaurant (mexicali) here in NJ the very next night after the Underoath show. Went into the venue after his set and he signed it.  :)

I used to have a wall of them too - this was many years ago. Have a bunch more now. The Kings of Convenience one is probably my greatest get though... met them outside the Iota in Arlington, VA way back in the day. Oh, and Ryan Adams' Heartbreaker, signed by Ryan after he was holding the door for us as we left a restaurant. Yes, I was that guy. But the fact that I had it on me at all is still pretty awesome...

14557676695_295cf94857_o_d.jpg

That Joan As Police Woman is badass! I've been in love with her since the first time i met her opening for Weezer many years back. Her name graces my signed vinyl as well. 

So, i don't have much of a signed collection, but the ones we have are pretty decent IMO. Check em out!

Soundgarden signed by Chris Cornell 

C035679B-BC89-4035-8AE0-0384F92703E8_zps

The Lees Of Memory signed by everyone. 

A44D072A-B6B7-4FBD-8048-7E66DA1F2E01_zps

Signed Billy Preston 

7CA33D57-FC2E-41AE-ABC9-B68D3E0C8D40_zps

Signed by Joey Molland of Badfinger

0647B4B5-4E2D-466A-B17B-8B7185DB9074_zps

Signed by all of Sloan

FE0E73ED-3F7C-4078-B418-71AD8F223F74_zps

Personalized Dramarama singles signed by Mark "Mr. E Boy" Englert. 

71019a3b-27b4-468c-9e11-a2aea4d2c3f3_zps

Signed by The Dambuilders. 

27b68692-5ceb-48af-a7b3-0b37439f554a_zps

I would never pay extra for an autographed record, and I kind of avoid buying pre-signed records in general.  But I really dig getting them signed in person.  Not sure why, just think it's cool.  Here's some of what I've got:

Alkaline Trio - Good Mourning (Matt, Dan and Derek)

Bouncing Souls - How I Spent My Summer Vacation (Greg, Bryan, Pete and Mike)

Continental - All A Man Can Do (Rick Barton)

Dan Vapid & the Cheats - Two (Dan, Simon, Mike, Rick)

Devil Makes Three - Stomp & Smash (Pete, Cooper, Lucia)

Dropkick Murphys - Blackout (Ken, Al, Matt, James, Marc, Tim)

Dropkick Murphys - Do or Die (Mike, Rick)

Flatfoot 56 - Black Thorn (Tobin, Kyle, Justin, Brandon, Eric)

Flogging Molly - Drunken Lullabies (Dave, Bridget, Nathen, Dennis, Matt, Bob, George)

Flogging Molly - Within a Mile of Home (all 7)

Ghost - Opus Eponymous (Papa and all but one ghoul)

Living End - Roll On (Chris Cheney)

Masked Intruder - M.I. (blue, green, red, yellow)

Misfits - Walk Among Us (Glenn, Jerry, Doyle)

Street Dogs - Fading American Dream (Mike, Toby, Paul)

I drove from Texas to Chicago in '95 to see Marillion play at the Park West. Brilliant show! All 5 guys signed my favorite Marillion picture disc and Mark Kelly ( the keyboardist ) wrote "Thanks for Coming From Texas."

Special memories. :)

IMG_1268.jpg

my ex girlfriends dad won some contest where he got to play guitar for them at some big show in the UK in the early 2000s

Finally bothered to remember what else I have signed:

Local Natives - Gorilla Manor (Signed by everyone except for Andy Hamm who was gone by that time)

Little Dragon - Ritual Union (Whole Band)

Jack White - Blunderbuss (Inverted Lightning Bolt Record signed)

Neutral Milk Hotel - In The Aeroplane Over the Sea (Signed by Jeff)

Cloud Nothings - Here and Nowhere Else (Signed by Dylan and TJ)

Black Moth Super Rainbow - Cobra Juicy (Signed by Tom aka Tobacco)

Thundercat - Apocalypse (Signed by Stephen Bruner aka Thundercat and Ronald Bruner Jr. the drummer)

The National - Boxer (Signed by Aaron Dessner)

The War On Drugs - Lost in the Dream (Signed by Adam Granduciel)

The Flaming Lips - The Flaming Lips EP (Signed by Wayne)

The Flaming Lips - The Flaming Lips Early Cassette Demos? (Signed by Wayne)

The Flaming Lips - Embryonic (Signed by Wayne, Michael, and Kliph ;- ;)

Volcano Choir - Repave (Signed by everyone except the guy on keys)

The Refleckors aka. Arcade Fire - Refleckor 12" (Signed by Will)

Italians Do It Better - After Dark 2 (Signed by Johnny Jewel, Ida No, and Nat Walker)

Unknown Mortal Orchestra - II (Signed by Ruban)

Godspeed You! Black Emperor - Allelujah! Don't Bend! Ascend! (Signed by Mike MoyaThierry Amar, and Sophie Trudeau

Animal Collective - Centipede Hz (Signed by Deakin and Avey Tare)

Tame Impala - Lonerism (Signed by Kevin)

Beach House - Bloom (Glow-In-The-Dark Version signed by Alex, Victoria, and Dan, their live drummer)

And that's all the records i have signed atm. I have some CDs signed by MGMT, Foals, and a Gorillaz Demon Days one signed by Bootie Brown, but yeah I usually like sticking with the nice record if I get the chance.

10389202_804673089557271_761566686404980

I often wonder about this too, but then I realized I had decided to meet the man after the recent Pomona, CA show. Hell after he was nice to sign the record, I milked my opportunity for all of its worth and managed to get a pic with him as well.

he actually signed something for you? thats crazy. were you the only one waiting? how did you catch him?

he actually signed something for you? thats crazy. were you the only one waiting? how did you catch him?

Actually there were 16 of us waiting for him after the show near the car he was gonna use to head to LAX and head back to Nashville. I think we waited for like and hour and a half before he came out. He got to everyone and no one complained about that for one bit. Honestly Jack is one of the hardest people to catch but if you follow the Jack White forums, you'll be surprised that he approaches fans from time to time. Plus he was riding off the high from the release of his album so he was in a decent mood no doubt. I was more shocked he agreed to a photo than the signature to be honest cause most folks only nab the signature from him.

LQcNqmn.jpg

Elvis Costello and the Attractions. LPs on the left (that's everything from '77-'89), 12" singles on the right (far from complete), picture sleeve 7"s in the middle (even farther from being complete) and promo sleeve 7"s on the bottom (the farthest from being complete). I've got a long way to go. 

I salute you, sir! Bravo! 

Actually there were 16 of us waiting for him after the show near the car he was gonna use to head to LAX and head back to Nashville. I think we waited for like and hour and a half before he came out. He got to everyone and no one complained about that for one bit. Honestly Jack is one of the hardest people to catch but if you follow the Jack White forums, you'll be surprised that he approaches fans from time to time. Plus he was riding off the high from the release of his album so he was in a decent mood no doubt. I was more shocked he agreed to a photo than the signature to be honest cause most folks only nab the signature from him.

the venue didnt care you were hanging out by load out by the car? how did you know it was the right one? im gonna see him in milwaukee so the more tips i can get the better

the venue didnt care you were hanging out by load out by the car? how did you know it was the right one? im gonna see him in milwaukee so the more tips i can get the better

The venue didn't. Most venues in general aren't going to impede with fans that are sticking around waiting for the artist. Most people know where the artists are going to come out from and you can always ask the nice security people as long as you aren't acting crazy. One thing is definitely scope out where people are coming in or out in from the backstage and heading to the load out areas. Honestly meeting an artist is a gig-by-gig basis. You will never really know if an artist comes out one way/another way/ignores fans or security are gonna be a bunch of jerks. Just take a chance and see what happens. I bid you good luck.

The venue didn't. Most venues in general aren't going to impede with fans that are sticking around waiting for the artist. Most people know where the artists are going to come out from and you can always ask the nice security people as long as you aren't acting crazy. One thing is definitely scope out where people are coming in or out in from the backstage and heading to the load out areas. Honestly meeting an artist is a gig-by-gig basis. You will never really know if an artist comes out one way/another way/ignores fans or security are gonna be a bunch of jerks. Just take a chance and see what happens. I bid you good luck.

im hoping i can pull it off. ive got a vault copy of lazaretto begging for a signature.