Autographed records?

Haha, good guess! Only the Radiohead and Smiths were signed there though (at the old location on Yonge Street). 

The other ones were signed at shows.

That place on Yonge St was amazing. So many good memories there. I even have the same Ed O'Brien scribble on my Amnesiac deluxe CD (though Phil Selway never made it to the side of the room I was on...it was packed that day).

That place on Yonge St was amazing. So many good memories there. I even have the same Ed O'Brien scribble on my Amnesiac deluxe CD (though Phil Selway never made it to the side of the room I was on...it was packed that day).

Yeah, I miss that studio; the new digs at Sugar Beach are nice, but just don't have the same vibe. 

And that Radiohead appearance (which according to my notes was June 2, 2003 - can't believe it's been that long!), was indeed crazy. I had to literally put my records above peoples' heads for the guys to sign them. Now to get Thom and the Greenwood's one day...

I've got a few signed records, but this one is my favorite by far. I can't figure out how to imbed an Instagram photo, but here it is.

http://instagram.com/p/mS29LTCd9F/?modal=true

Signed by Jeff, Julian, Scott, and Jeremy. I've also got a huge setlist from the 2011 Elephant 6 Holiday Surprise Tour that's signed by everyone.

Recently sat and chat with the Twilight Sad!

Got their debut album signed, which it is more a reminder of the show and the little time we hung out rather then any sort of monetary value!! Their setlist was kinda cool too in that they use funny code words for songs, so lead singer James signed and decoded it for me. Has his shoe prints all over it too which I thought gives it some good character lol!!!

Recently sat and chat with the Twilight Sad!

Got their debut album signed, which it is more a reminder of the show and the little time we hung out rather then any sort of monetary value!! Their setlist was kinda cool too in that they use funny code words for songs, so lead singer James signed and decoded it for me. Has his shoe prints all over it too which I thought gives it some good character lol!!!

haha. I have a Jonsi (Sigur Ros) setlist where every song is a pun complaining about how cold their showers were at the hotel.

Trainwreck - The Wreckoning

A Kyle Gass (of Tenacious D fame) side project.  Really rockin' tunes!  Picked this up when I saw the Kyle Gass Band live.  They put on quite a show!

5DCKJHb.jpg

The Brothers Comatose - Respect the Van

Excellent bluegrass/folk band that opened for The Devil Makes Three.  Check em out if you haven't heard!

9yeqVQB.jpg

• 3 months later...

http://instagram.com/p/ynbmGXNxXo/?modal=true

I've got a copy of Leveler by August Burns Red that's signed by JB Brubaker. 

I would never consider selling it- it really means a lot to me. Up to that point, I was a depressed kid that spent most of my time alone, listening to music. JB was my hero, and was larger than life to me. I would have been thrilled just to meet him and for him to sign my album, but he really took the time to show he cared about me being there. He posed for a picture three times while someone tried to figure out my old phone camera. He stood there and listened while I talked about moving, and music, and life. He was just in the crowd. He could have been anywhere else, doing anything else, but he took the time to talk to me.

I'm sure it was just routine for him, but it meant everything to a broken 15 year old girl.

It hangs on my wall, and will always hang on my wall.

I have a lot of signed records, this is my most recent one and my favorite. Lights means a great deal to me and thanks to friends and social media I have had a lot of personal interactions with her over the last 5+ years. She's an amazing artist imo who actually gives a shit about her fans.

http://instagram.com/p/xaW15MjLzv/?modal=true

Little Machines by Lights

Love this one too and lucked out that I knew an ebay seller from the UK who pre-ordered it for me from James UK store and didn't rip me off.

http://instagram.com/p/m1F0E-jL7L/?modal=true

Post Tropical by James Vincent Mcmorrow signed sunburst vinyl

• 1 month later...

I caught Into It. Over It. in Bloomington, IN, last month. Grabbed copies of Proper, Intersections, and the Koji split. I was lucky and got all three signed, and he wrote "Hey, Koji!" on the split, so now I have to take the jacket to Warped and get Koji to sign it.

I also have a copy of Misser's Problems. Problems. Problems. 7" that's signed by Tim Landers. And a copy of Teenage Bottlerocket that's signed by most of the band.

The Menzingers- Rented World signed by Tom May.

Tiny Moving Parts- Pleasant Living signed by the whole band

Not vinyl, but I have signed copies of Finch's What It Is To Burn and MCS's I Am The Movie on CD. Both original line-ups. Finch from '03 and MCS from '05.

• 3 months later...

I've got Messengers, Leveler, and Rescue and Restore signed by all of ABR. They sit locked in a case until I can afford to frame them properly lol. I love having signed vinyl, but I would never pay for it. Having your favorite artists shake your hand, and sign that for you is just as crucial as having the signed vinyl to me. Without that experience, doesn't quite mean as much.

I've got Messengers, Leveler, and Rescue and Restore signed by all of ABR. They sit locked in a case until I can afford to frame them properly lol. I love having signed vinyl, but I would never pay for it. Having your favorite artists shake your hand, and sign that for you is just as crucial as having the signed vinyl to me. Without that experience, doesn't quite mean as much.

Nice!