Record Store Bucket List (27 Breathtaking record stores...)

This is pretty cool: http://www.buzzfeed.com/mariasherm/best-record-stores-around-the-world

I'm sure it's not a definitive list, so I thought it would be neat to post and maybe people can post their own suggestions to build upon this list of 27 of the coolest record stores in the world.

*edit*: This list was also suggested: http://flavorwire.com/366683/the-most-beautiful-record-stores-in-the-world (Thanks scentofdeath)

*edit*: an older list of best record stores in the USA: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/pictures/the-best-record-stores-in-the-usa-20100916 (credit: dawhizz)

The Thing is far from breathtaking. 

i dunno, it's pretty hard to breathe in there...

been to a couple spots on the list. Amoeba is the only one that really blew me away, more for their massive selection than anything else. Atom Heart is just your standard boutique record store, no great shakes, i certainly visited better shops in Montreal (which i unfortunately can't recall the names of).

Forever young is only good because it's huge. The prices are so insane.

this. i think i've only purchased like 4 records from there ever. not only are the prices pretty insane, i'd say about 40% of the records they have in the bins are 12" singles. 

i think i'm one of the few people that has been to grimey's that was less than impressed.

I feel like this is a list of cool looking record stores with high prices and common records.

I'd assume so. I've been to a couple of these and don't have much good to say. My experience with most of the nationally well known record stores is as you described. I'm admittedly pretty picky when it comes to my likes and dislikes in a record store though. A high quality, easy to browse used section is about all that does it for me.

I'd assume so. I've been to a couple of these and don't have much good to say. My experience with most of the nationally well known record stores is as you described. I'm admittedly pretty picky when it comes to my likes and dislikes in a record store though. A high quality, easy to browse used section is about all that does it for me.

I feel the same way.

I haven't been to any of the stores on the list. I've got to get traveling more!